It can be denting to know that your loved one is diagnosed with cancer. So many questions would be playing inside your brain. Find below the list of cancer treatments that will help you gain confidence while consulting with your oncologist. The most common cancer treatments are:
- Chemotherapy: One of the common cancer treatments, chemotherapy involves the use of medicines or drugs. Today, a range of medicines are used for chemotherapy. These medicines are used according to the type of cancer detected. Chemotherapy restricts cancer from spreading and even kills the cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy: Every human being has an immune system that fights diseases. Immunotherapy involves the use of medicines or proteins to boost the immune system and strengthen it to fight cancer.
- Radiation Therapy: In radiation therapy, high energy wave particles are used to destroy cancer cells. While this treatment has gained popularity, it is used in combination with other forms of cancer treatments to kill the cells that may damage the body.
- Targeted Therapies: These therapies use drug to block cancer from spreading to the other organs of the body. The medicines interfere with the molecules that are associated with growth, progression and spread of cancer.
- Other Treatments: Other cancer treatments include hyperthermia, photodynamic therapy, laser treatment and cryosurgery. All of them target cancer cells to either destroy or stop from spreading to other body parts.
It is important to talk to your oncologist and understand cancer treatments
better. It will help you easily cope with the disease.
Cancer treatments can be highly demanding and while you are undergoing one, your body requires all the strength to withstand it. Hence, it is important to understand what you’re eating plan is. Follow these simple tips and you’ll be able to control nausea and vomiting that happens during cancer treatments
- Small Meals: Eating several times a day in small proportions is the key to ensure you get the required nutrients to heal after the treatment. Sweet or salty foods are a great option, but don’t forget to chew slowly as it will help your body digest food easily.
- Fluids: Fluids are equally important and essential after you have gone through a treatment session. This will help you get rid of accumulated toxins. Avoid taking fluids while having your meals. It can result in bloating and nausea.
- Avoidable foods: Spicy, solid and greasy foods should be strictly avoided after the treatment session as they can lead to nausea and vomiting. Stay away from ingredients that possess powerful odors. Moreover, taking too much alcohol and coffee is inappropriate.
A well-nourished individual can handle the side effects of cancer treatments
easily. Hence, it becomes all the more important to stick to your prescribed meal plan