|Article Views: 1,672|
|7 Ways to Stay Healthy At Workplace|
|Posted on Mar 26, 2015|
|Desk jobs doesn’t offer a great deal when it comes to staying healthy. With an air-conditioned environment and tea/coffee at desk, it is quite easy to get accustomed to a lackluster routine. Before you moan about the burger you ate in lunch or not hitting the gym prior to office, we give you simple yet effective tips to stay active at workplace without altering eating habits.|
Believe it- Exercises are your best pals. They energize, rejuvenate, and help your mind cope stress better. Many people complain of lack of time for exercises because of demanding jobs. Nonetheless, there are some exercises you can do at your workplace.
Be mindful and watch what you put into your mouth. If it’s that necessary, drink only 1 beer-can. Work culture has gone for a toss around the world. Jobs are more demanding now. They test you from head to toe. In such environment, it’s not easy to stay healthy because a large portion of your time goes into completing daunting daily tasks. These aforementioned tips can help you stay healthy in most difficult of working environments.
- Best way to start your day is to park as far as possible from the office building. Walk your way down to the office. If you use public transportation, then drop one stop early and walk. Take stairs instead of elevators. Walking is best of all exercises.
- Periodic hunger can strike you from nowhere while stationed at your desk for longer duration. Instead of longing on to chips or cookies, have nuts and fresh fruits.
- Step up and be the one to stop your colleagues from lunching out. Encourage them to have second thoughts about eating habits. After all, there has to be someone to suggest healthy food options, so why not you.
- Short fitness breaks come in handy if your work demands sitting for longer duration. Mild exercises such as lifting leg underneath your desk for 15-20 seconds or holding your leg behind to stretch can calm your muscles and help you stay active.
- It’s important to keep your legs in motion so just walk. Walk in lunch breaks instead of sitting in the break room. Plus, drink plenty of fluids and walk-up to a colleague’s desk instead of mailing him/her a query.
- Birthdays, special achievement parties can be fun. However, mouthwatering sweets only add up over time. It is best to have one day in a month for celebrations instead of four special occasions in a month.
- Happy hour is an opportunity to know your office mates but sadly it encourages extra calories, calories which are not consumed during working hours but at some other place- say at a pub or bar.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |
| Read latest articles...|
| Read all articles of Lazoi Team|
|Colonoscopic Surgical Procedure: The risks, complications, care needed and more..Read More|
|Retinal Detachment: What are the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment..Read More|
|Stomach Cancer Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|Squint Repair Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|What Is Malignant Hypertension: Possible causes, risk factors, treatment..Read More|