|Article Views: 3,910|
|Super chargers to strengthen digestive system|
|Posted on Mar 16, 2016|
|Good health is what every living human being desires and it starts with a strong digestive system. Ability to digest food aesthetically goes a long way in determining how good your health is. Unfortunately, not everyone is blessed with a strong digestive system leading to scores of health issues such as irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, inflammatory bowel disease and more. Here is a list of some super foods which when incorporated in everyday diet can work wonders for your digestive system.|
- FIBRE: Foods like cherries, whole grains, beans, grapes are rich in fibre which assist digestion and keep you regular. Our body needs 20-35 grams of fibre daily. It also keeps a check on weight gain, heart ailments and haemorrhoids.
- CHEW GUM: Chewing gum will help you fight heartburn and relive reflux by instigating the development of acid-neutralizing saliva. However, you should quit chewing gum if it causes your stomach to bloat or belch.
- CUT DOWN ON WEIGHT: Loosing just a few kilos could improve your gastrointestinal symptoms. Extra fat, especially around the waist can trigger problems like heartburn, gas and bloating. Consult with your gastroenterologist before commencing a weight loss program.
- EAT SMALL MEALS: A non-discrepant way to prevent indigestion, belching and other digestive health issues is to eat in smaller quantities frequently and slowly. This lessens the burden on your stomach and shrinks its capacity, making you less likely to overeat.
- DRINK FLUIDS: Water and juices both contain necessary fluids that help your body discard waste and prevent constipation. Fluids are also found in certain foods. So the idea of consuming 8-10 glasses of water a day is no longer a necessity. Consult your doctor about your daily requirement of water.
- STEP UP AND EXERCISE: Dieticians say that regular exercise alleviates digestive problems like bloating and constipation to a great extent. Physical activities help you body’s digestive system move things along and eradicate waste. It is also beneficial in reducing stress, a major cause for many digestive problems.
- WATCH WHAT YOU EAT: Simply avoid foods that irritate your stomach. Some people have problems with beans, soda or fatty items like fried food or cheese. Coffee, tea, tomatoes may spell trouble for others.
- QUIT SMOKING: Smoking can destroy your digestive system in multiple ways. Smoke cripples the oesophagus which can lead to acid reflux and heartburn. Plus, it increases the symptoms of gastrointestinal cancers. Smokers are at greater risk of developing peptic ulcers and Crohn's disease.
Visit your gastroenterologist if digestive problems impede with your daily life. Seek professional help if you face issues swallowing, black vomit or stool, persistent abdominal pain or have lost a lot of weight.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |