Those of you who have dandruff know how difficult it is to treat it and how bad it gets as winters approach. It seems almost impossible to even imagine winters without dandruff. Generally, dandruff can be caused by internal or external, or both factors. Internal causes may be of diet, health issues and hormonal disturbances. While external causes may include poor hygiene, pollution and chemical that you apply into your hair. So, to combat dandruff in winters successfully, you should also attack its causes both ways, internally and externally by adopting the following tips:
- Don’t keep your hair dirty. Wash your hair, at least, twice a week.
- Avoid direct exposure from atmospheric pollutants by keeping your hair covered.
- Don’t use harsh shampoos. Instead, choose mild and such shampoos which suits your hair type. Anti-dandruff shampoos can be helpful but always remember they just provide temporary solution and chances of returning of dandruff are always there.
- No hot water to wash your hair in winters as it makes scalp dry. Use lukewarm water instead.
- The use of hair dryer is harmful not only for your hair but scalp and roots also. So avoid using hair dryer as much as possible in winters also.
- Massage your hair with oil in the night and wash next morning. Or you can do oil massage few hours or just before taking bath. It is entirely your choice.
- Alternatively, you can also massage your hair with hot oil and put hot damp towel on your head for sometime like a turban. This makes oil penetrate deeper into the scalp, helps absorbing more nutrients and works wondrous in case of dandruff.
- Additionally, put lemon into the hair oil before massaging. Lemon is also very effective in treating dandruff.
- Boil few teaspoons of tea leaves in lime water and use it as a last rinse after shampoo. It will not only make your hair shine but provides nourishment also.
- Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with one teaspoon of warm water. A few drops of natural oils like Lavender or Rosemary can also be added. This will cleanse the scalp further and give fragrance to your hair. Massage this onto your scalp and leave to dry. No need to rinse out.
- Alternatively, lemon juice can also be used instead of apple cider vinegar.
- Generally, take a well balanced diet and include green leafy vegetables and fruits. But whenever weather changes, always include seasonal vegetables and fruits into your diet.
- Maintain hydration level by drinking lots of water in even winters. Some people think it’s fine to have less water in the winters but it is not advisable and has many side effects dandruff being one of them.
- Drinking tea, coffee and alcohol are not advisable in even winters and also cause dandruff. Switch to some other hot beverages such as green tea, soups etc. to feel warm during winters.
- Consider minimizing your stress levels as stress is one of major reasons to cause dandruff. So, this winters, apart from finding solutions to your stress, do some exercises, or yoga or pranayama to minimize it.
Although, it is not difficult to cure dandruff
completely in winters, you will have to follow the tips mentioned above and make some necessary changes according to the weather conditions in your routine. The tips mentioned above are very effective and less time consuming, but must be tried.
Meet Dermatologist for Dandruff Treatment. Book appointment through Lazoi.