|Article Views: 251|
|How to handle dry scalp and dandruff in winters|
|Posted on Dec 28, 2015|
|You might have great hair and great looks, but you wouldn’t stand a chance with your close friends if you carry a dry scalp or dandruff on your hair. It is hard to hide the fact that you have dandruff and it can be quite embarrassing. Sometimes you wouldn’t even realize the fact that others are observing your hair and the traces of dandruff that makes you scratch your scalp every now and then. |
However, everyone experiences mild to moderate dry scalp at some point, but for some it's a chronic problem, especially this time of year, as the weather zaps moisture out of our hair and scalp.
Since winter can bring the dreaded dry scalp or worsen an existing scalp condition, we've compiled a list of treatment alternatives to clear your scalp and keep dryness at bay. These solutions should work for you if your condition is truly dry scalp and not a more serious problem like dandruff or eczema.
Follow these natural remedies for removing obstinate dryness and normalizing your scalp to regain bounce, smoothness, and a healthy head of confidence.
Pepper and Yogurt
- Yogurt is a soothing agent that can make the skin on your scalp become smooth and less scaly.
- Pepper acts as an anti-fungal agent that inhibits the growth of dandruff-causing microbes.
- For making this remedy you need to mix 2 teaspoons of pepper powder and a cup of curd. Apply this mixture on your scalp and leave it for an hour.
- Once you rinse it off, you can wash your hair with your usual shampoo.
- Olive oil acts as a moisturizer that makes the skin on your scalp really moist. This reduces the formation of dandruff.
- Before applying olive oil, you should heat it gently. Warm olive oil gives more effect.
- Apply the oil on your scalp and gently massage it. Leave it overnight. This would allow the skin to absorb the oil. In the morning wash your scalp with a gentle shampoo.
- Olive oil is a strong medicine and it would bring results even if you leave it for just 15 minutes before rinsing.
Lemon juice and oil
- Although lemon juice has certain bleaching properties, it doesn’t cause any discoloration of your hair. Lemon works as an anti-fungal agent that fights the microbes that lead to dandruff formation.
- Make a mixture of lemon juice and coconut oil, where the proportion of lemon juice is 1/6th of the total mixture. Apply this mixture on your scalp and let it remain for 20 to 30 minutes. Then wash and rinse your hair using a gentle shampoo.
- Try this remedy on a regular basis for getting the desired effect.
- Vinegar is a popular remedy for treating dandruff. However, you should not use chemically synthesized vinegar for this treatment. Pick naturally prepared vinegar like balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
- Vinegar contains active potassium enzymes that remove all the itchy sensation from your scalp. Natural vinegar is a good treatment for dandruff that causes lot of itching.
- Massaging your scalp with apple cider vinegar promotes proper blood circulation. This makes your hair strong and healthier. Apple cider vinegar removes all the dead skin cells from your scalp. This prevents the formation of dandruff.
- Instead of directly applying vinegar to your scalp you can also rinse your hair with a mixture of water and vinegar. For a mug of water you can use a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. You would get a lingering smell of vinegar but it will wean off as your hair gets dry.
- Baking soda has certain cleansing properties that help in cleaning up all the dandruff from your scalp.
- Mix your shampoo with a teaspoon of baking soda and make a good mixture of it. Apply this on your scalp and then rinse your hair nicely. You would be amazed to see all the traces of dandruff getting easily removed.
- Aloe Vera restores the broken skin on your scalp and makes it healthy and smooth. This prevents the formation of dandruff.
- Aloe Vera also acts as an anti-fungal and anti-bacterial agent that helps in cleansing out all the dandruff.
- Apply pure Aloe Vera gel on your scalp and let it stay for 15 minutes before rinsing with a gentle shampoo.
- Aloe Vera treatment is a great remedy for your hair and scalp and hence you can use it daily.
- Neem acts as an antibiotic, antibacterial, antiseptic and antifungal agent. Its regular use can assist in treating several problems like dandruff, hair fall, itching, lice and all sorts of scalp allergies.
- Boil Neem leaves in water for 30 minutes and then make a paste of it. Apply this paste on your scalp and let it remain for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water.
All these natural remedies are effective in fighting dandruff and giving you a smooth scalp during winters. However, it is important to note that it might take time to get rid of dandruff and you should have the patience to allow these remedies to show their complete effect.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |