Asthenospermia: Causes, home treatment and prevention
- Posted on- Oct 23, 2015
- 741 Views
Asthenospermia can be defined as the "fatigue" of the spermatozoa which are less mobile than normal. It is identified by the microscopic study of the sperm in an ejaculation. When a man has asthenospermia, sperm motility reduces so that sperm cannot move forward or fertilize the egg smoothly. As a matter of fact, asthenospermia is one of the common causes of male infertility. Therefore, it is necessary for us to know causes and prevention for asthenospermia.
What are the causes of Asthenospermia?
Home Remedies for Asthenospermia
- Infection of reproductive system. Inflammation of Epididymis, seminiferous duct, Seminal vesicle or the reproductive glands can decrease the athletic ability of sperms.
- Abnormal liquefaction of seminal fluid. In fact, non- liquefaction of seminal fluid or high viscosity of seminal fluid is the main cause of infertility, which might affect the athletic ability of sperms.
- Internal secretion facts. If oestrogen in serum increases, the athletic ability of sperms will be decrease. Besides, over-high testosterone in serum is more likely to restrain sperm's athletic ability.
- Long-term abstinence. Long-term abstinence can cause over-thickness of sperms and too many dead sperms. Therefore, it is common for men who don't have ejaculation for a long time to cause asthenospermia. So it is suggested to do abstinence 5 or 7 days before semen examination.
Prevention of Asthenospermia
- Stay away from cigarettes and alcohol
- Practice yoga and meditation to be stress free
- Try to exercise regularly
- Try to maintain a three day gap between two consecutive ejaculations to remain fertile
- Avoid bitter, spicy and acidic foods
- Avoid tight underpants to provide an ambient climate for the testicles
- Have a good massage therapy with herbal oils to improve blood circulation
- Loose excess weight
- Have a healthy diet containing whole grains and vegetables rich in proteins and vitamins.
- Sperm levels are at the highest in the morning and afternoon making it the best time for love making
- Avoid frequent masturbation. It is a fact that long-term and frequent masturbation can lead to prostatitis and other genital infectious disease, which can also affect sperm's quality and motility. Meanwhile, Ingredient, amount and consistency of sperms are all affected by excessive masturbation.
- Keep far away from chemical agents. It is a fact that chemical agents are causes of low sperm motility. So we suggest patients do not use too many chemical agents. For instance, do not wear dry cleanings immediately you bring it back.
- Keep a healthy diet. In order to provide the nourishment that sperm motility needs, vegetables, fruits and trace elements are required.
Besides, some habits like smoking, drinking, sitting up late or all night, having hot bath need to be corrected in the daily life. Meanwhile, certain medicines like antibiotics might affect sperm's quality and motility. So in order to avoid the side effect of medicines like antibiotics, you can try herbal, home or ayurvedic remedies