|Price ||Rs. 3245.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 973.50|
|Payable ||Rs.2271.50||Book Now|
|Senior Citizen Checkup (Male & Female)|
|Price ||Rs. 2575.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 772.50|
|Payable ||Rs.1802.50||Book Now|
|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 341|
|Topmost reasons behind irregular periods|
|Posted on Oct 23, 2015|
|Every woman experiences irregular periods sometime or the other. For some, it is a onetime thing whereas for others, it can last a long time. Any kind of irregularity is a big concern. It is very important to know about the causes of irregular periods, and is even more important to know what this cycle signifies. Every woman has a unique cycle, for some it may last 28 days, while for others, it can last 35 days. Some women experience a light flow or some spotting, others experience a heavy flow. A typical period lasts about 3 to 7 days. Irregularity is characterized by a missed or a late/early period. Also, if a woman has unusually heavy or scanty bleeding or two periods in a cycle, it is termed as irregular. |
What are the causes of irregular periods?
The causes are many and not all are worrisome. We know that hormones regulate menstrual cycles, so anything that interferes with the hormones causes a hormonal imbalance, which leads to irregular menstruation.
- Stress is one of the common reasons. It is one of the main culprits for this problem. If you have been worried, over worked, or angry before your time, chances are that you will experience a changed menstrual cycle.
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss can also result to this. Diet plays a very vital role.
- Another potential reason is excessive exercise. This causes a sudden decrease in body fat, which in turn leads to a missed cycle or very scanty spotting.
- Girls who have just begun menstruation, experience irregularity for up to one year or more. Missed cycles after menarche are nothing to worry about, it's part of the normal body process.
- In some women, the onset of menopause
- Pregnancy can be another reason. So, if you missed a cycle after sexual intercourse, its best to first rule out pregnancy. To prevent unplanned pregnancy, it is wise to use contraceptives. There can be changes in the menstrual cycle after pregnancy.
- Excessive consumption of alcohol and smoking are also considered as potential reasons. Drug abusers also experience a changed menstrual cycle. Also, changes in the routine of consumption of oral contraceptives can be one of the reasons.
- Certain STDs also show irregular periods as a symptom.
- Medical conditions, like Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and uterine abnormalities are other reasons, these require medical attention. Another such condition is inflammatory bowel disease.
Treatment for irregular periods
One thing that all women should do is maintain a chart to keep a track of their menstrual cycle, by doing this they can ascertain if a pattern is visible. This can help you calm your worries and rule out any silly worries. If there is a serious problem like excessive bleeding for a long time, severe menstrual cramps, etc., then consult your gynaecologist. Maintaining a healthy diet will keep you fit and will also help regulate your hormones. If you exercise excessively, change your workout routine and reduce the intensity of the workout. If you are suffering from an eating disorder, get yourself treated for the same. Try to live a stress free life. If you are stressed, meditate or do some activity that you enjoy to cope with stress. Get regular health checkups done and consult a gynaecologist if you suspect something serious.
Home treatment for irregular periods
- Eating unripe green papaya can normalize irregular periods associated with menopause. It might even work for other types of irregular periods too.
- Take the roots of a banyan tree boil it in a cup of water for about 10 minutes. Add 2-3 tablespoon of cow’s milk to this decoction and have it at bed time daily.
- Having saunf (fennel) seeds daily also helps in regulating monthly periods.
- Grapes are very useful ingredient in helping one have regular periods. Drinking grape-juice on a daily basis helps in regularising your menstruation. Apart from that you can also add grapes to your normal diet to prevent such irregular menstrual period issue in the future. However excess consumption of grapes may result in side-effects like lose motions too.
- One may also take have a cup of decoction make of bitter gourd (karela) roots at least one or two times per day. This can assist in getting regular monthly periods.
- Parsley is yet another useful herb in treating menstrual related issues. It is considered to be the most effective home cures for menstruation related issues. Parsley juice should be consumed every day, as a medicine, for getting regular intervals.
- Take 2-3 radishes and blend them into a fine paste using water. Add a cup of buttermilk to this paste. Keep sipping this juice throughout the day. Have it on a daily basis to get positive results.
- A decoction made of coriander (cilantro) leaves or seeds can also be very useful in getting your regular periods. This should be had at least 3 times a day for better results.
- Take 4-5 figs (Anjeer) and skin boil them in a cup of water. Now filter this decoction and have it on a daily basis. This remedy if followed regularly will normalize your menstrual cycle.
- The most common and effective tip to regularize your irregular menstruation cycle is by having a bowl of papaya or a glass of papaya juice every day.
By now, you must have realised that irregular periods cause unnecessary stress in some situations and one doesn't need to worry every time. Keep a track of your diet, consult gynaecologists on regular intervals, follow the above mentioned natural ways and you’ll be just fine.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |