|Article Views: 91|
|Diwali: Healthy tips for this upcoming festival|
|Posted on Oct 21, 2015|
|Diwali is fast approaching and it is a very special day for millions of Indians living all over the world, because the day will witness the coming together of Indians as one single community in celebrating their grand festival, Diwali. People start preparing for the celebrations a few weeks in advance, but as the day approaches it becomes important to register a few important tips to enjoy the festivities without compromising our health. So here are some tips for you to celebrate, stay safe and stay healthy this Diwali.|
- Sweets are hard to resist and during Diwali, when there is plenty of colourful sweets everywhere, it becomes even harder to resist. Remember the fact that Indians are genetically prone to diabetes and so it is always advisable to keep the intake of sugar and starch minimal.
- Stay away from sweets that use chemical preservatives, because the intake of such preservatives can cause damage to our kidneys and liver. It can also cause asthma attacks and cancer.
- Avoid sweets that have ‘silver’ coating. Such foils are often adulterated by aluminum and aluminum being a hazardous metal can accumulate in our body tissues and can also enter the brain.
- Heavier oils such as sesame seed oil and vegetable oil put a lot of pressure on the liver. Switch to oils like flaxseed and olive that are easier to break down and absorb by the body. Use lighter oils this festive season to make delicious food which takes care of your health.
- In times of increasing air and noise pollution that we are witnessing today, it is important that we be responsible while using firecrackers. It is good to buy as little firecrackers as possible, because that can help us spend less and can also stop us from polluting our environment.
- While using firecrackers we are definitely faced with the risk of burn injuries and so a few precautions are necessary. Always wear slippers during your fun time with firecrackers and never try to do anything to a firecracker apart from lighting it from a safe distance. Kids should be allowed to burn firecrackers only under adult supervision.
- Do not light firecrackers in crowded areas or on the roadsides, because that might prove to be dangerous for bystanders and the general public.
- Wear earplugs while exposed to explosive firecrackers. It might sound a bit fancy, but if we ignore it the excessive noise might damage our ears in the long run.
- It is better to say ‘No’ to alcohol, as any excess is easily possible on this day of celebration. You can avoid a hangover and also the risk of driving while intoxicated if you must drive your car and visit your friends and family.
- Diwali is a festival that brings a lot of gifts to people, so use the occasion to choose sensible gifts for family and friends. Try gifting fruits or low calorie sweets and snacks instead of ghee-laden sweets.
- Diwali is also the festival of joy so make it special especially if there has been any unpleasantness with your family or friends in your past. Shed all your inhibitions and misgivings and make a fresh start. Wish them a ‘Happy Diwali’ and embrace them in joy.
Embrace these tips while celebrating Diwali and make it special for yourself, your family and your friends.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |
| Read latest articles...|
| Read all articles of Lazoi Team|
|Colonoscopic Surgical Procedure: The risks, complications, care needed and more..Read More|
|Retinal Detachment: What are the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment..Read More|
|Stomach Cancer Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|Squint Repair Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|What Is Malignant Hypertension: Possible causes, risk factors, treatment..Read More|