|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now|
|Comprehensive Wellness (Basic)|
|Price ||Rs. 3650.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 1095.00|
|Payable ||Rs.2555.00||Book Now|
|Senior Citizen Checkup (Male & Female)|
|Price ||Rs. 2575.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 772.50|
|Payable ||Rs.1802.50||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 190|
|Ayurvedic medicines for thyroid|
|Posted on Oct 20, 2015|
|Ayurveda is an ancient Indian branch of medicine in which all remedies and treatments are derived from naturally occurring substances. The medicinal properties and the combinations for cures are documented in detail in ancient literature. Several people today are turning to this ancient form of alternative medicine for treatments. One of the ailments that is very prevalent today and remedies for which exist in the ancient ayurvedic texts is the problem of thyroid. |
Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism
Several people in our world suffer from disease linked to the production of hormones in the thyroid gland. There are usually two kinds of problems that occur at the thyroid gland: hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. Hypothyroidism is the condition in which the thyroid is less active and needs to be stimulated, and hyperthyroidism is the condition in which the thyroid gland is over-active and needs to be controlled.
Ayurveda practitioners recommend several herbal remedies to ensure the proper functioning of the thyroid gland. Some specific thyroid problems can be cured by the use of the herb known as Kaanchanara (Bauhinia veriegata) and another herb called Guggulu or Gugal (Commiphora mukul). Gugal is supposed to be particularly useful in treating thyroid-related symptoms like weight gain. Some other recommended herbs are jatamansi, shilajita, gokshura and punarnava.
The use of coconut oil in food has also been recommended as a useful remedy for hypothyroidism. Eating lots of raw fruits and vegetables, drinking hot ginger tea, avoiding an excess of dairy products like milk and cream, and not eating too many salty foods are all excellent remedies for controlling thyroid-related problems.
Yoga, of course, goes hand in hand with ayurveda. And the two complement each other wonderfully. While practicing the diet recommended by your ayurveda practitioner, it is important to not ignore the yoga advice too. Asanas such as the Halasana (plow position) and the Sarvangasana (shoulder stand) are also recommended as excellent for thyroid-related problems.
Home remedies for thyroid disorder
- Often attributed to increased physical activity, patients affected with thyroid abnormalities should go for complete rest with proper dietary routine and relaxation
- Certain food items containing preservatives, white flour products and stuffs high on sugar should be avoided by thyroid patients
- Food rich in Vitamin A such as pumpkin, green leafy vegetables and carrots add to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland
- Walnut which is rich in iodine and magnesium contributes to the balanced functioning of thyroid gland
- ‘Kelp’ an iodine enriched sea weed belonging to the genus of algae is beneficial for both forms of thyroid malfunctioning. The sea weed can be used as an item of garnish as well as one for flavouring soups and salads
- Another weed by the name of 'sushi' is also helpful from the point of view of hypothyroidism. The iodine content of the weed contributes to restoring the imbalance caused on account of hypothyroidism
- It is advisable that a person afflicted with thyroid malfunctioning should go for salads made out of sprouts, cucumber and carrot. Cucumber is very effective for patients diagnosed with goitre- a disease resulting from hypothyroidism
- Herbal tea with ginger is also beneficial for thyroid functioning. In fact, beverages including coffee, tea, carbonated drinks and alcohols should be avoided by patients afflicted with thyroid disorders. In its place herbal tea may be an alternative option
- Barley and oats are also some of the healthy options for patients afflicted with thyroid functioning
A word of caution, though, is necessary. It is always important to consult an ayurveda practitioner before medicating oneself or abandoning one’s lifestyle for another one, for fear f making a small problem worse. Every curative treatment is tailored for the individual and must be altered according to every individual patient. So, it is strongly advised that you not indulge in self medication and use this information only as a tool.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |