|Article Views: 219|
|Ayurvedic medicines for digestive disorders|
|Posted on Oct 20, 2015|
|Digestive disorders need natural solutions. Your body acclimatises to chemicals over time making it effective to treat digestive disorders. Instead of increasing your dosage try the ayurvedic treatment for your digestive disorders. Treat gas, indigestion, acidity, constipation and stomach ulcers with ayurveda.|
Constipation - Herbs for Constipation
- Hartaki (Terminalia chebula): Have a hartaki everyday to reduce constipation. Depending on the dosha, you can have hartaki as a powder, candy sugar and ghruta.
- Isabgole (Plantago ovata): Isabgole cures constipation but it also reduces cholesterol and regulates the bowel.
- Sennaleaves (Cassia angustifolia): Sennaleaves should be used sparingly as these leaves are very effective. If you use them over a long period of time, your body will not be able to absorb the nutrients into the body effectively.
- Nisoth (Ipomoea turpethum): The leaves and the roots of the nisoth plant are used as a laxative in ayurveda.
Acidity - Herbs for Acidity
- Yastimadhu (Glycyzrrhiza glabra): Yastimadhu is an antacid that reduces acidity and even hyperacidity. It also prevents ulcer formation and relieves you from chest congestion.
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): Amla is popularly used in herbal remedies.
- Lavanga (Syzygium aromaticum - Clove): Lavanga or clove is used as spice and spices should be avoided to cure acidity. But when you chew on a single clove you have positive health benefits. Lavanga can sure acidity, bad breath, toothache and morning sickness.
Flatulence - Herbs for Flatulence
- Ginger (Zingiber officinalae): Ginger is easily available and it is popularly added to tea. Ginger tea is a good way to start your day or pump you up in the evening too. Ginger tea cures flatulence and cures congestion.
- Hing (Asfoetida): Hing is added to food and pickles to reduce flatulence.
Stomach Ulcer - Herbs for Stomach Ulcer For stomach ulcers it is a combination of herbs that can cure you. There are different herbal formulas that can reduce stomach ulcers - Alsarex, Ayucid, and Avipatrikar Churna.
Gastritis - Herbs for Gastritis Spicy food can cause ulcers in the sensitive mucosal lining or in the small intestine, called the duodenum (duodenal ulcer), or either in the oesophagus (oesophageal ulcer). Gastric ulcers are painful causing burning stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and weight loss. Try rice, coconut, marigold and potato for gastritis.
Gas and Indigestion - Herbs for Gas and Indigestion
- Black pepper
Cleanse your stomach with water and juices to flush out the toxins. It is recommended to follow a fruit diet to ease the stomach. You can then consume vegetables, whole grains and nuts.
Diarrhoea - Herbs and Diet for Diarrhoea You can try herbal formula like Kutajghan Bati, Kutajarishta and Issabale (H). With diarrhoea you need to replenish the liquid loss, hence it is recommended to consume vegetable soups.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |