|Article Views: 163|
|Ayurvedic treatment for Alzheimer disease|
|Posted on Oct 19, 2015|
|The term "Alzheimer’s disease", was first described by a German neurologist, named Alois Alzheimer. It’s a neurological disorder that affects the brain such that, the death of brain cells causes memory loss and cognitive decline. During the course of the disease, protein ‘plaques’ and ‘tangles’ develop in the structure of the brain, leading to the death of brain cells. People with Alzheimer’s disease have a shortage of some important chemicals in their brain. These chemicals are involved with the transmission of messages within the brain. |
An Alzheimer’s disease is a physical disease that progressively affects the brain. It’s a progressive disease in the sense that, it gradually affects and damages more part of the brain, over time. Thus as this happens, the symptoms become more severe.
Although, it’s widely known and accepted that Alzheimer’s is a brain disease, in which the death of the brain cells causes memory loss. What in turn causes this disease is still a force to reckon with, as so many factors such as age, genetic inheritance, environmental factors, lifestyle and overall general health, has been suggested by some scientists and healthcare organizations.
How can ayurveda help cases of Alzheimer’s?
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that makes use of herbs existing in the nature and formulates herbal remedies using the inherent power present in these herbs. Ayurveda believes that herbal remedies bring to you the richness of the herbs in a natural, unadulterated form. These combinations help improve immunity and provide strength, endurance and will.
Ayurveda uses the inherent power of natural herbs to bring about wonderful results on the human body. The herbs are natural and 100% safe. These herbs help improve memory and brain power. The Ayurvedic herbs Brahmi, Ashwagandha, Curcumin, etc help improve Alzheimer’s situation.
- Bacopa Monnieri (Brahmi): The Brahmi herb is famous for its magnificent properties. It is a wonderful tranquilizer. It increases the brain functioning. A few of its astonishing effects have been proved on conditions like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. It is used by physicians for stress, post-natal depression, anxiety, ADD and epilepsy. Owing to its vast sphere of actions, it is a major constituent of a variety of products like health tonics, memory tonics, etc. Stress, anxiety, menstrual disturbances, hair loss and fatigue are a few conditions where the herb has shown positive effects. The actions of the Brahmi herb over the brain area make it a wonderful tonic to help enhance the mental capabilities of the individual. It affects both the short and the long-term memory. It promotes a relaxed state of mind and nerves, spreading calmness. It takes care of the tension caused headaches, feeling of anxiety and depression. The herbal product is highly recommended for people suffering from ADD as it helps them analyze clearly. Brahmi is used in Brahmi capsules, Medhya churna, and memory support capsules.
- Acorus Calamus (Vacha): The root of this herb is used to relieve a number of nerve related disorders and increase speech coordination, speech ability. It helps to increase memory power and coordination. The retention power increases manifold. The Medhya churna has this herb in it.
- Convolvuluv Pluricaulis (Shankhpushpi): This plant bears beautiful white flowers. It helps the mind to recollect and remember things in an effective way. It is useful in relieving stress, improves mind ability and controls blood pressure. In India it has been given to children to increase their memory especially during exams. Memory support capsules contain this herb.
- Liquorice (Glycerrhiza Glabra): This herb is one of the best anti-depressants and anti-ulcer herbs. Regular use of this herb enhances strength, improves eye sight, prevents cold and cough and relieves gastric ulcers. It is used in Memory support capsules.
- Curcumin Longa (Turmeric): Anti-oxidants present in the herb reduce the free- radicals from the body thereby improving the health and immunity. Curcumin herb has rich anti-diabetic properties that make it a wonderful herb to use for diabetic patients. It is a famous Chinese medicine to relieve digestive and liver related diseases. Its anti- inflammatory properties make it a strong herb for various allergies, infections and inflammations. The herb has the power to fight against toxins and infections owing to its rich anti-biotic properties. It is used in many cosmetics due to its beneficial actions on the skin. Curcumin capsules are prepared using it.
- Withania Somnifera (Ashwagandha): The ancient Ayurvedic herb Ashwagandha is a multiple benefit herb. It has beneficial effects on human body in a natural way. Ashwagandha helps in cases stress, memory loss and many more chronic ailments. A look at these disorders tells us that they are all related to our life style. The increase in stress and manifold decrease in a healthy diet and lifestyle leads to stress induced disorders including many neurological disorders. People usually complain of stress, fatigue, memory and bodily weakness. Most of us face issues of low stamina and endurance power. Ashwagandha herb plays a vital role in such cases. It is a great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties. It helps to promote overall well-being of the body and nourishes it with strength and immunity. Apart from these, the herbal product has potential powers to nourish the brain to make the functioning of the brain quicker and sharper.
- Zingiber Officinale (Sonth): Zingiber works wonderfully on the nervous and emotional ailments. The results are on the overall body system. The appetite is boosted, the brain functioning becomes sharper, and the memory becomes stronger. It acts well for weakness of body and mind, stresses of daily life, and improper brain functioning. It also has multiple effects on other organs.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |
| Read latest articles...|
| Read all articles of Lazoi Team|
|Colonoscopic Surgical Procedure: The risks, complications, care needed and more..Read More|
|Retinal Detachment: What are the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment..Read More|
|Stomach Cancer Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|Squint Repair Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|What Is Malignant Hypertension: Possible causes, risk factors, treatment..Read More|