|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now|
|Senior Citizen Checkup (Male & Female)|
|Price ||Rs. 2575.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 772.50|
|Payable ||Rs.1802.50||Book Now|
|Comprehensive Wellness (Basic)|
|Price ||Rs. 3650.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 1095.00|
|Payable ||Rs.2555.00||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 141|
|Vata Dosha: Meaning, causes, symptoms and treatment|
|Posted on Oct 19, 2015|
|Vata Dosha is described as one of the tridoshas in ayurveda which is a combination of air and space. It dominates the lower part of the body below the umbilicus and accounts for the regulation of all body functions and metabolism. It is known to control the energy of the body and movement in the mind and body. |
According to ayurveda, any disease related to the body and mind is a result in the vitiation in vata dosha. Moreover, it is also responsible to maintain the balance between all the three dosha.
Vata is responsible for the regulation of many functions of the body such as breathing, heart pulsation, blood flow, all types of expansions and contractions in the muscles and tissues, action of cytoplasm and cell membrane, excretion of urine and faeces, nerve control, control of thoughts and emotions such as freshness, anxiety, fear, nervousness and pain.
Vata is known to dominate the lower part of the body such as hips, thighs, bones, large intestine and pelvic cavity but apart from that it also resides in the ear and skin. Any vitiation in vata in the body can lead to several diseases like high blood pressure, constipation, anxiety, dry skin, insomnia and cramps.
Symptoms of vata dosha imbalance
There are a number of signs of dosha imbalance. Some persons will get very angry. Some get depressed, etc. Here is a summary of the symptoms of vata imbalance:
- Tired, yet can't relax, fatigue, poor stamina
- Nervous, Can't concentrate
- Anxious, fearful
- Agitated mind
- Impatient, Antsy or hyperactive
- Spaced out
- Shy, insecure, Restless
- Cannot make decisions
- Weight loss, underweight
- Insomnia wake up at night and can't go back to sleep
- Generalized aches, sharp pains, Arthritis, stiff and painful joints
- Agitated movement
- Very sensitive to cold
- Nail biting
- Rough, flaky skin, Chapped lips
- Fainting spells
- Heart palpitations
- Constipation, Intestinal bloating, gas, Belching, hiccups
- Dry, sore throat, Dry eyes
Major causes of a vata imbalance
- Irregular schedule
- Eating old, leftover, dry, or raw food
- Not eating enough food
- Eating too rapidly
- Suppression of bodily urges, such as sneezing, passing gas, or elimination
- Staying up late
- Overstimulation of the senses
- Excessive worry, fear, or loneliness
How to balance vata dosha?
Vata is responsible for the regulation of the vital organs of our body and hence need to be in a balance form to avoid any health issues. In order to make a balance in the vata dosha you should follow some points.
- Take sufficient rest.
- Avoid irregular and unusual food habits. Consumption of warm, moderate, slightly fatty sweet and satisfying food is highly recommended.
- You should practice yoga and meditation in daily basis.
- Avoid eating raw and cold food.
- Take a sufficient and sound sleep.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid cold conditions, a steam bath and humidifiers are good for you.
Vata is the most important of the three dosha and need to be properly balanced. By keeping certain things in mind we can balance the vata dosha in the body and avoid any sort of health problem.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |