|Article Views: 205|
|Ayurvedic treatment for skin diseases|
|Posted on Oct 17, 2015|
|The skin is regarded as the mirror of an individual's inner health. It is the seat of sense organs and the senses of touch, pain, temperature, pressure are felt by it. Skin should be given due care and attention lest it shall suffer from premature aging, become dull and blemished. Some of the common skin disorders and problems include acne, pimples, pigmentation, premature aging etc. |
According to Ayurveda, the branch of medicine, which dates back to 1000 B.C, excess sugar in the body, is a major cause of skin disorders. The skin cells so affected by the excess sugar provide an ideal breeding ground for the bacteria, which multiply rapidly using these skin cells.
Ayurveda has documented the "miraculous" properties of medicinal herbs and clays that counteract the excess sugar in the body. They combine with the skin cells to inhibit multiplication of the virus. The absence of a breeding ground results in the elimination of the virus.
Those suffering from skin problems usually take conventional types of medicines few of which often result in side effects. That's why the patients now prefer to make use of ayurvedic medicines for skin. Prepared by mixing the organic ingredients such treatments do not put any side effects upon the users. However, they are prone to adverse impacts because of certain allopathic treatments.
Following herbal products and other steps are regarded as the best ayurvedic medicines meant to treat skin problems:
- Fennel: This herb acts like a strong energizer for human skin. Circulation of blood to the skin is improved in a big way with its regular use.
- Liquorice: This is another ayurvedic treatment to ensure early cure. It may be taken as a vegetable. Regular use works wonders.
- Whole grains: Taking whole grains also ensures proper treatment of skin problems.
- Green leafy vegetables: Skin patients must take vegetables that are green and bear leaves. These are much helpful to save the skin from any problems. They act as ayurvedic treatment for skin.
- Sweet juicy fruits: Taking fresh fruits containing sufficient juice in them helps to detoxify the body including the skin. It is freed from any toxic substances and skin problems.
- Ginger and black pepper: Skin patients must include these two herbs in their daily diets. They act as strong fighters against skin disorders.
- Almonds and walnuts: Enriched with lubricating features these two eatables work wonders to soften the hardened skin. Any disease associated with our skin can be got rid of with its even use.
- Sunflower: The seeds of this herb contain zinc that helps in strengthening our skin in a big way.
- Carrots and sweet cherries: Contents of beta-carotene in these two eatables are much helpful in enabling the body to fight skin disorders. Wonderful results are possible with regular intake.
- Rose petal jam: Effective ayurvedic treatment for skin problems is possible with the jam prepared from rose petals.
- Organic Milk and Clarified Butter: These two eatables also serve as strong ayurvedic treatment for skin problems. Essential oils, facial skin oil and sufficient water after frequent intervals are much helpful for the skin patients.
Those suffering from skin disorders must form good eating habits, take proper sleep and rest. Massaging with coconut or olive oil gives good results. Patients are advised to avoid hot sun rays. Synthetic cosmetics, spicy foods and alcohol must be avoided. Simple exercises, yoga asana and physical activities help in shedding toxic substances that in turn keeps the skin free from skin problems.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |