Ayurvedic treatment for migraine
- Posted on- Oct 17, 2015
- 402 Views
Chronic conditions including migraine are a paroxysmal ailment and also a common form of headache. There is about 15% of the total population in the world suffering from this ailment. Statistics show that women tend to be more prone to migraine than men. This typically is a genetic component observed among patients.
Our mind can control our feels and emotions such as enthusiasm, happiness, stress, anxiety, depression, sorrow, fear, nervous and anger. In return, the fluctuated feels and emotions will cause serious aches pain, hammering, pricking, and throbbing in the head, coupled with vomiting and nausea which in many cases tend to be signs and symptoms of migraine.
A person being affected by migraine without aura tends to not really want to talk, hear, read, or even eat. While an assortment of pain relievers can be found at pharmacies for treating migraine, they may not necessarily treat the root since the therapy is not targeted on chronic migraine. In addition, pain relievers only subdue the pain but the actual problem. They also tend to have side effects such as ulcer, high blood pressure, depression, giddiness, anorexia, and hyperacidity.
Disorder of Doshas
Migraine is refer to as “Anantavaata in Ayurveda and is categorized as one of the disorders in vata dosha
. The causes can be linked to intake of alcohol, drugs, smoking and allergic reactions as well. Most patients may reluctant to response to Ayurvedic therapy
which they think is not scientific enough but if you are one of them you may want to continue reading this.
Migraines Due to Excess Vata
The ailment is grows in dry, cold, and soaking season. It can grows rapidly as a result of physical effort, not enough sleep, fear, tension, late nights, hunger, excessive fasting, worry, overt sexual activity
, sadness, and trauma.
Symptoms include throbbing pain and incapable of switching head. They will feel the intolerable pain when they try to do so.
Remedies and Treatments
Migraines Due to Excess Pitta
- Can go for natural home remedies. Massage your head with warm oil.
- Take 1 tea spoon of castor oil at night and consume with warm water.
- Go for shirodhara, shirobasti, and enema treatments from panchakarma.
- Eat more often at home. Consume vata balancing and nutritious diet such as wheat, rice, warm milk, sesame, ghee, butter, sweet fruits, onion, asafoetida, coriander, cardamom, cumin, saffron, garlic, jaggery, goat meat, rice and mung beans.
- Prevent the body expose to dry and cold weather and also avoid emotions that will increase vata.
Exposure to sun and heat for a long period, hot weather, working near fire, consume excessive fermented and spicy meals (which improve pitta), stress, and taking excessive drugs and antibiotics
. Pitta is the most dominant factor leads to dilation of the bloodstream, which in turn causes the onset of a migraine assault. Migraine normally gets increasing in the afternoon.
Easy feeling tired, sleepy, headache, lethargic, easy get frustrated, severe acidity, feels hot and burns in the stomach
, low pulse circulation.
Remedies and Treatments
Migraines Due to Excess Kapha
- Using complementary and alternative medicine such as herbs with cooling attributes. Herbs that can use to treat this ailment include shatavari, guduchi, black raisins, and yastimadhu.
- Take 2 teaspoons cow ghee in the morning with warm milk.
- Consume more cooling spices and sweet fruits such as fennel, coriander, and cumin.
- Eating millet, rice, and mung bean.
- Going for virechan treatment.
The causes of headaches with kapha constitution can be linked to nose congestion
that produced loads of pressure on the nasal cavities.
Patients will get achy, dull feeling in the head and face. They may experience intensity of pain during allergy season
There is excessive of toxins or ama in the form of phlegm that is required to be cleansed from the system in order to restore breathing back to normal condition.
Remedies and Treatments
- Take a few pastes of the ayurvedic herb Vacha (dry calamus root powder) and consume together with a glass of warm water. This can immediate clears your headache and sinuses.
- Consuming hot ginger tea and taking in strong spices such as cinnamon, cloves, and black pepper can reduce mucus congestion effectively.
- Sucking in Eucalyptus steam gives great pain relief for kapha congestion migraines.
A traditional Ayurvedic treatment therapy
which is called Panchakarma is very effective and is the best way to treat people who are suffering migraine pains.
If all above methods still not able to cure your disorder, then you may want to seek for Ayurveda health consultant. Ayurveda health consultant that follows Ayurveda treatment protocol (ATP) has proven that they can manage migraine effectively. By having consultation with these experts, they can provide you with an extensive range of natural treatment suggestions you can practice and use at home to balance your doshas and cure the disease at the same time. After all, the best thing to do is still to prevent such disease before getting it. Thus, it is best for us to keep ourselves to practice a healthy diet and lifestyle and such disease will not able to do any damage on our body.