|Article Views: 210|
|Pranayama: Its Importance and Benefits|
|Posted on Oct 17, 2015|
|Many people throughout the world are getting conscious towards their health and are focusing on the age old proven way of instilling life force that is known as pranayama. Many are aware of the benefits of pranayama, but still there are some who do not know the real advantage of pranayama and yoga. |
The meaning of pranayama is giving energy to ‘prana’, which means life. While we give exercise and energy to this innermost soul and life, it helps you remain in complete harmony.
If you have knee problem your doctor advises you to walk and provide exercises to it and if you want a perfect figure, you need to exercise your whole body. Isn’t it necessary that ‘prana’ that runs your whole life should be provided some exercise and energy?
Some of the most apparent and widespread benefits of pranayama:
- Improves breathing - Breathing is the indication of life. But the way one breathes depicts the person’s health. Pranayama helps improve your breathing and along with that when you breathe in the oxygen it is taken to right places so that the inner cells are energized to function properly. It releases stress from the heart muscles as well as calms down the brain as well.
- Has anti-aging effects - In this world of cosmetics and countless anti-aging products, pranayama is a method that provide you the inner glow and charm that no other cosmetics can offer no matter how costly the cream or the treatment is. The inner truth is that anything that lasts long depends on the way you breathe. You can have a look at the skin of people who practice pranayama regularly.
- Enhances immunity - Regular practice of pranayama helps improve overall health as all body parts get more oxygen and energy and the toxins are washed off automatically. The resistance power of the body gets enhanced by the rejuvenation of the cells and it helps fight with diseases. This is the main reason why improvement in health of cancer patients is observed.
- It improves cardiovascular health - Since pranayama is centred to breathing activity, it improves the cardiovascular health of the person who practices pranayama daily like anulom-vilom and bhastrika. All the body cells get revitalized and there is amazing improvement in the blood circulation. This helps stabilize the heart palpitation and hence controls blood pressure.
- Improves mental sharpness - Daily practice of pranayama improves concentration in the individual and helps him remain calm in adverse conditions as well. Those who feel distracted easily or are not able to concentrate in his work find the difference from the very first week. If parents initiate and ask their children to practice pranayama regularly, it is definitely going to help them a lot.
- Improves the digestive system - Since certain pranayama like kapalabhaati, agnisaar and bahya, provide exercise to stomach muscles and the gastrointestinal tract, people suffering from any kind of digestive problem gets benefited by it. The medicine intake comes down automatically and the person feels more energetic and revitalized from within.
There are some of pranayamas that need to be practiced daily. The best time to do is early in the morning at the time of sunrise. You should know the right way of doing it so that you get the perfect benefit. The advantages are countless and it is only a matter of regular practice.
If you want to remain healthy and active for longer part of your life, start practicing pranayama daily no matter what your age or profession is.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |