Heart care is never too late to start. If you had a history of any chest pains, heart attack – seeking medical help is paramount. Along with doctor’s medication, you would also need to follow a healthy diet and adapt a healthy new life style. To take the healthy route, fitness should be on the top of your list. Therefore physical exercise on a regular basis is a ‘must’. You need not to pump your muscles and lift heavy weights – all you need to do is indulge yourself in any physical activity that you could comfortably pull off. Any physical activity that could increase your heart rate or rhythm is good for your heart. Your heart shall remain healthy when the heart rate is between elevated heart rate and resting heart rate. Along with physical activity, eating a healthy diet that is balanced and nutritious is very important.
List of three super foods for a healthier heart
Blueberries are considered to be the most effective food to fight diseases. They have a component called ‘Anthocyanins’ – the antioxidant that is the cause of its blue color. Blueberries are sources of Vitamin C
, fibers and antioxidants that give your body a refreshing boost of healthy supplements
. The best part is they are available throughout the year so you could have them fresh anytime of the year. Here are a few tips to use them in your daily diet:
- Include lots of them in your breakfast. Top them as fresh fruits in your cereal – not only will it add color but will add flavor to your breakfast. This will not only give you a refreshingly filling breakfast but give your body the required nutrition..
- You can always switch to healthy deserts – which include fresh fruits. So top up your cakes, muffins, pancakes or cookies with blueberries
- Eat them fresh or mix them in your low fat ice cream, puddings, yogurts etc. – it will surprise you every time.
Salmon is a cold water fish and is considered to be a great source of healthy protein
. It is also the richest source of Omega-3 fatty acids
which are blissful for your heart. This cold-water fish is a great source of protein and is also packed with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Doctors recommend having Salmon at least twice a week which proves to be really healthy for heart’s health. The best part is Salmon is easily available in your local markets and very easy to cook or grill. You can have it with your pasta or salad – it’s always a delight to have this delicacy.
- You can relish it with sushi or salad.
- You could also enjoy it in pasta or other cooked delicacies.
- Salmon has great texture, flavor and is very delicate. It cooks quickly and is delicious.
This food is rich in proteins that is high quality and inexpensive. It is also a source of fiber, Vitamins and Minerals. Also, Soy protein is said to lower triglycerides
, and this helps prevent any cardiovascular disease. This helps in keeping your heart strong and healthy. People with high cholesterol level
can benefit for Soy Protein rich diet because it has high level of polyunsaturated fat
, fiber, Vitamins and mineral
. Here are a few tips to include Soy Protein in your diet:
- You can always munch on a pack of Soy roasted nuts or a bar – they are good to keep you off unhealthy snacking.
- Japanese delicacy or actually snacks made of Soy is called ‘Endamame’ – They are available in form on nuggets in your nearest supermarket – everyone loves these – adult or kids. They are healthy yet delicious!!!
- Tofu – is made of Soy Bean milk. The best part is it can absorb the flavors of spices of the food you cook, if you add Tofu in it. You can even add cubes of Tofu in your soups or have them as sautéed delicacy with chopped curry tomatoes, onions, garlic and curry powder.