Cleansing and detoxifying your lungs the right way
- Posted on- Aug 26, 2015
- 637 Views
The lungs are an important organ of the body that enables us to breathe. It is also considered one of the most abused because of the damage being done to it from our environment and smoking. Having respiratory problems is a great burden as it restricts your breathing and complicated problems could cause death. It is necessary to take care of your lungs because once it is fully damaged, you can never restore it. Cleansing the lungs can be done to counter the effects of smoking or air pollution and will enable better breathing, more oxygen, and healthier blood flow making you healthy and feeling good. How to cleanse your lungs is easy with simply tips.
What is the importance of cleansing your lungs?
Cleansing the lungs can ease difficult breathing and help you prevent deadly diseases like chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma and stroke. When your lungs are filled irritants and pollutants possibly from smoking, you are prone to infection from these foreign materials which can also restrict the function of the lungs. One mechanism of the body to expel these substances is to cough. Of course, no one wants to cough. Coughing is very bothersome and annoying. When diseases aren't managed well, they can lead to serious complications and even death.
Main cause of unhealthy lungs
Smoking is the number one culprit that damages the lungs. There are hundreds of toxins found in a single cigarette. One of the harmful substances that destroy the lungs is tar. It is a black mixture of smoke, ash, and toxins that readily sticks to the surface of your lungs. It even destroys the cilia that maintain the cleanliness of your airway. Given more time smoking, a build up of tar and other harmful toxins would fully damage the lungs causing chronic, severe infections and lung cancer.
Ways to cleanse lungs
- If you have been a chronic smoker or have worked in polluted areas, it's not late to cleanse your lungs. You still have time to rescue the remaining function of your lungs in order to live a better and healthier life.
- If you have been smoking, STOP! Quitting smoking has immediate and long term effects that are very beneficial to the body.
- Water is a good detoxifier. The body needs water and it enables to flush out the toxins that have accumulated. Drink lots of water because it can also loosen up lung secretion. You will easily cough it out.
- Exercise can greatly help your lungs. Start from low intensity exercises if you have never been physically active for a long time and then gradually increase your activity. Exercise helps the lungs to expand enabling it to accommodate more oxygen. It helps removed the stagnant and unhealthy carbon dioxide to be expelled.
- Stay away from food which has lots of preservatives. Eating up healthy foods can also be good for your lungs.
- Vitamins and supplements can also help making the lungs healthy. Supplements improve the body's immune system to fight disease and help repair damaged tissues.
How to cleanse your lungs isn't a difficult prospect. These easy and healthy ways not only make your lungs healthy but you totally. The body is dependent on the lungs for oxygen any defect to this organ can affect the other parts of the body. Cleanse your lungs with these steps and live a happy and healthy life.