|Article Views: 124|
|Try these remedies and get rid of itchy eyes|
|Posted on Aug 25, 2015|
|An itchy eye is a common sight. The problem worsens in a high-polluted environment or during allergy season. Though itching eyes do not pose a threat to the eyesight, they can cause frustration and anxiety to patients. It can affect the everyday life of a person. It is important to consult an eye specialist to find out the underlying cause of itchiness. |
What are the causes of itching eyes?
What are the signs and symptoms of itchy eyes? Most common signs and symptoms of itching eyes include:
The best way to control eye itching is to avoid allergens. There are numerous home remedies which can manage the redness and itching of the eyes caused by different reasons.
Home Remedies for itchy Eyes Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is an effective natural home remedy that is widely used to treat itching eyes.
- Extract Aloe Vera juice from a fresh Aloe Vera plant and mix it with a teaspoon of honey.
- Wash your eyes with this solution mixture for at least two times a day.
- Repeat the process until the itching eye problem is solved completely.
Vegetable juices: Raw vegetable juices such as carrot and spinach are known to be effective in treating itching eye problems.
- Extract fresh carrot juice from one or two carrots and drink this juice twice every day.
- Extract spinach juice from fresh spinach leaves and drink this juice to achieve positive results.
- You can also combine both the carrot and spinach juice and drink it twice a day.
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek is a natural ingredient that possesses the ability to treat itching eye problems.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water for about 8 to 10 hours. Grind the seeds with enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply fenugreek seed paste over your eyes and leave it there for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Repeat the process two times a day.
Cold Milk: Milk is considered to be one of the best home remedies for itchy eyes.
- Take a clean cotton ball, dip it in a glass of cold milk and rub it around your eyes.
- You can also place the cotton ball soaked with cold milk on the eyes.
- Repeat this process three times a day to get positive results.
Water and salt: Water and salt are common home remedies that have been in practice to treat itchy eyes for centuries.
- Add a teaspoon of salt in a cup of distilled pure water. This is a natural eye wash.
- Boil this solution until the soil completely dissolves in the water.
- Allow the water to cool to room temperature and then flush your eyes with this water to get relief from itching eyes.
Cold compress: To get quick relief from itching and redness of the eye you can use a cold compress.
- Soak a cloth in ice cold water and place it over the eyes.
- Place chilled chamomile tea bags over the eyes.
- Do it 3-4 times a day to get instant relief.
Cucumber: Cucumber provides coolness and soothes the eyes. It minimizes the irritation and swelling of the eyes.
- Wash and clean the cucumber and make thin slices of it.
- Refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes and put them over the eyes.
- Do this four to five times a day.
Itching of the eyes is a common thing. Everyone gets it at least once in a lifetime. These remedies are extremely beneficial. If you don’t get relief even after using these home remedies, contact an eye doctor.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |