|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now|
|Senior Citizen Checkup (Male & Female)|
|Price ||Rs. 2575.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 772.50|
|Payable ||Rs.1802.50||Book Now|
|Price ||Rs. 3245.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 973.50|
|Payable ||Rs.2271.50||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 2,077|
|Dental surgeries and their types|
|Posted on Aug 12, 2015|
|Over the course of a lifetime, every person undergoes some kind of dental surgery or the other. It is important not to ignore any dental problems that you might be suffering from. Tooth alignment issues, tooth decay, bleeding gums are all the starting symptoms of more complicated dental problems. Dental surgery has changed a great deal over the past decade and advances in the field have meant that most of the procedures are less invasive and the recovery period faster. |
The routine procedures such as veneers, teeth whitening and dentures are carried out painlessly and quickly. If your dentist has recommended that you undergo surgery, ensure that you are well-informed about the procedure before you decide to undergo it. With some research you will find that most dental surgery procedures are simple and eventually give you that desired smile.
What are dental surgeries? There are times when oral health issues progress to a point where you suffer from problematic and painful symptoms. This is when the dentist might recommend dental surgery. Removing teeth, removing damaged gum tissue and realigning the jaws are some of the surgery procedures. These procedures are carried out to rectify an oral problem and maintain dental hygiene. There are different kinds of dental surgery. Here are the most common ones:
- Extraction: This type of surgery involves removing one or more teeth. This surgery can be performed by a general practice dentist. It is usually done when a tooth is dead or when a person has “extra” or supernumerary teeth, or to remove baby teeth so that permanent teeth can come in. Another common reason for this type of dental surgery is for wisdom teeth extraction. When the wisdom teeth are showing through the gums it is usually a simpler procedure than if they are still under the gums and pushing into other teeth.
- Gum Repair and Surgery: Sometimes the gums become infected with a disease such gingivitis and must be cleaned and repaired with dental surgery. At times the gums even grow over the teeth and must be cut back.
- Tooth Replacement: When a tooth is broken in an injury or accident, it is sometimes possible to replace the tooth. If you experience this type of accident, quickly put the tooth on ice or in a glass of cold milk and take it to your dentist or dental surgeon. If the root is still alive, you may be able to save your tooth with dental surgery. Any time you hit a tooth and it is loose, you should have it examined by a dentist to make sure that there is no root damage.
- Cosmetic Dental Surgery: This type of dental surgery can be performed to remove gaps in teeth or to change the gum line. Your dentist can tell you if surgery or orthodontics would be a better option.
- Preparation for Bridges or Prosthetics: When you are preparing to get partial or full dentures or simply a bridge, you may need dental surgery to prepare your gums and mouth for the implants or dentures. You may need to have teeth removed or gums shaped to allow the dentures to fit properly.
Any time you need dental surgery you should try to find the dentist with the proper qualifications to perform the surgery. If it is an emergency, contact your dentist first to see if they can do it or if they have recommendations.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |