|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now|
|Full Body Health Checkup I|
|Price ||Rs. 2200.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 0.00|
|Payable ||Rs.2200.00||Book Now|
|Comprehensive Wellness (Basic)|
|Price ||Rs. 3650.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 1095.00|
|Payable ||Rs.2555.00||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 2,553|
|Is Itchy Skin embarrassing you more than ever?|
|Posted on Jul 20, 2015|
|Itchy skin is any irritating sensation on the skin that makes you want to scratch the area. In most cases the itchy area will have rough skin but it can also appear to be normal despite the itching sensation. There are multiple causes for itchy skin, ranging from rashes to psoriasis. Home remedies can take care of itchiness but it’s necessary to take medical help from a skin specialist. |
Causes of itchy skin Dry Skin: In most cases when itchy skin does not involve rashes, it is caused by dry skin. This may be because of frequent bathing, overuse of central heating or air conditioning and cold or hot weather.
Skin Conditions and Rashes: There are various rashes and skin conditions that can cause itchy skin and some of these include hives, chickenpox, psoriasis etc. These skin conditions may be followed by blisters or bumps.
Allergic Reaction and Irritation: People with allergies may sometimes experience itchy skin. Skin irritations caused by soaps, chemicals, wools and other items can cause itching.
Pregnancy: Some women will suffer from itchy skin during pregnancy and this is commonly seen on the arms, breasts, thighs and abdomen.
When to visit a dermatologist If the itching does one of the following, you should contact a dermatologist:
- Lasts over two weeks without improvement using self-care
- Extremely uncomfortable and severe affecting your sleep
- It affects your entire body
- It includes symptoms like skin redness, fever, weight loss or extreme tiredness
Remedies for itchy skin
- Your dermatologist may prescribe lotions or ointments that provide short-term relief from the itching.
- Corticosteroid creams are applied to control itching. Oral antihistamines are good for itching due to hives or allergies.
- When the itching occurs due to an underlying medical condition, your skin specialist may recommend additional treatments.
- Light therapy exposes your skin to specific wavelengths of UV light and usually requires several sessions.
You can also try some home remedies including:
- You should apply a high quality moisturizer to your skin one or two times each day on the spots with severe itching.
- There are non-prescription hydrocortisone creams that are able to relieve the itch temporarily.
- Applying cool, wet compresses can help relieve itching as can covering the itchy area with bandages.
- One good option is to take a cool bath and sprinkle some baking soda in it.
- Wearing clothing made of smooth-textured cotton will allow you to avoid further irritation of the itchy areas.
- Choose soaps that are mild and do not have perfumes or dyes.
- When washing your towels or clothes, always use a mild laundry detergent.
- Basil contains cloves which can help relieve itching. Make tea using half an ounce of the dried leaves, keeping it covered while it steeps.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |