|Price ||Rs. 3245.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 973.50|
|Payable ||Rs.2271.50||Book Now|
|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now|
|Full Body Health Checkup I|
|Price ||Rs. 2200.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 0.00|
|Payable ||Rs.2200.00||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 2,996|
|The link between chest congestion and allergy|
|Posted on Jul 16, 2015|
|Chest congestion is a health condition where excess fluid and mucus accumulate in the lungs. A person who is suffering from chest congestion may experience breathing issues along with chest pain, cough, and wheezing. Extreme congestion in the chest is characterized by crackling sounds when a person coughs. There are many causes that lead to this condition and allergies are the most common. Some other probable causes can be sinusitis, bronchitis, and pneumonia. |
Are allergies responsible for chest congestion? The answer is yes and you may be surprised to know that there are a number of individuals who suffer from this health trouble.
- There are individuals who are allergic to pollen. It is when pollen spreads the person may develop a reaction toward it. The symptoms include sneezing with watery mucus, runny nose, and moist eyes. Some may even develop fever for a brief period. It is generally observed that the sneezes and coughs vanish after a while.
- Dust particles can also lead to chest congestion. When a person is exposed to an environment that has a dry weather and is dirty with layers of dust, he/she may encounter chest congestion. This condition may also appear if a person is living near a construction site where work goes on in full swing. Once allergens are ingested, the individual starts to sneeze and cough with watery mucus ejected in excess.
- Allergy to moulds can also lead to chest congestion. Dust mites and moulds have a higher degree of infestation, especially during winters. These are little creature that are invisible to the naked eye.
Symptoms of chest congestion
Treatment for chest congestion If chest congestion arises, you may apply the following remedies:
- Keep away from areas that worsen your symptoms like sites that are dusty and filthy.
- Avoid foods that elevate your symptoms and make you feel miserable with a runny nose.
- Resort to medications such as decongestants and expectorants that will help control congestion if taken as prescribed.
- Covering your mouth and nose with a wet cloth serves to be a helpful remedy when stepping out. Tie a scarf to keep dust away from your reach. This would prevent cold, and the following cough cycle.
- Have spicy foods like pepper, hot sauce, chilli peppers, and other spicy ingredients in order to open your nasal passage and thus bringing relief. Avoid if you are a regular victim of gas and acidity.
- Steaming also helps a great deal in clearing nasal congestion. Inhaling the hot vapours loosen the mucus and reduce the sneezes that you are caught up with.
- Fluids, such as water and juice help you in staying hydrated and the more hydrated you are, the thick mucus in the nose and chest loosens up and the nasal tract is cleared.
Following these measures may help you get rid of these allergies. As far as possible, try to prevent allergic attacks.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |