People usually lie down or sit comfortably in a chair after having dinner but this is a big mistake you should never make according to experts, these habits are smoking,tea,fruits,highly dangerous and can put your health at risk in this
Today I'm about to share with you six things you should never do after eating
Smoking is bad enough but after a meal it's 10 times the killer. Yes that's right smoking right after a meal is very bad and if you must do it you should wait at least a couple of hours after the meal cigarette contains nicotine a substance that binds to oxygen your body desperately needs for digestion which makes your body absorb carcinogens according to several studies smoking a cigarette after a meal has the same effect as smoking 10 cigarettes at once and increases your risk of bowel and lung cancer significantly.
2. Never go to bed after a meal lying down
For a nap or sleeping after a meal is the favorite thing of millions of people but this habit is not healthy at all when we lie down some digestive juices from your stomach flow back to the esophagus because of gravitational force due to its acidic nature it can burn the inner layer of the esophagus causing acid reflux
3. Never rush to shower after a meal waiting 30 minutes after eating a meal in order to take a shower is the best suggestion one could give on this topic digestion needs a lot of energy and blood flow in our body but when we take a warm water shower blood flows towards your skin to release off the heat thus making it difficult to digest.
4. Drinking tea - teas are healthy but shouldn't be consumed after a meal drinking tea after having a meal can interfere with the iron absorption in your body as tea contains tannic acid which binds to the iron and protein from our food this can result in 87 percent decrease in iron absorption and even iron deficiency which can lead to anemia dizziness and fatigued
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables before not after a meal fruits are recommended by almost everyone be it some expert or dietitian or just some inexperienced housewife but few of them know that fruits just after any meal can be harmful and thus neglect to mention it to you fruits are the easiest to digest and just take 20 minutes to travel from your stomach to intestines where they are finally digested bananas and dates being the two exceptions so when you eat a fruit after a meal it gets stuck with the food thus not traveling in time to the intestines and getting spoiled as a result the spoiling food
6. Avoid cold water after a meal the reason is very simple ice water does not let the food digest properly because it causes clumping of food hot warm water helps absorb nutrients better.