Rectovaginal Fistula (RVF) Repair could be a procedure that involves the surgical repair of abnormal tract between the big bowel, rectum, and vagina, in women.
Why is that the Rectovaginal Fistula Repair surgical operation performed?
The Rectovaginal Fistula Repair procedure is performed in women for the subsequent reasons:
- Preventing associate degree infection inside the duct or tract
- Embarrassing foul-odors owing to feces or gas passing through the duct
How is that the Rectovaginal Fistula Repair surgical operation performed?
The Rectovaginal Fistula Repair procedure could also be performed under general or regional anesthesia.
- For rectovaginal fistula that's placed lower (nearer to the porta or vagina), the tract could also be repaired by approaching it either via the porta and body part (lowermost portion of the big bowel, in trans-anal approach) or the duct (transvaginal approach)
- The fistula tract is known and repaired by raising flaps of the wall tissue, curetting (removing tissue) the wall of the tract, and stitching the flaps in situ
- Rectovaginal fistulas that are placed in a higher place are repaired in an exceedingly similar manner once approaching the fistula, by creating an incision on the skin of the abdomen and dissecting through the layers
What tests are required before the Rectovaginal Fistula Repair surgical procedure?
Before a Rectovaginal Fistula Repair, the patient needs to bear bound tests such as:
- Routine blood and excretory product analysis
- X-ray of the lower alimentary tract
- X-ray of the kidneys
What are the doable Risks and Complications throughout the Rectovaginal Fistula Repair surgical procedure?
There are general factors that increase the chance of obtaining complications throughout surgery and that they include:
- Obesity: typically, the bigger the degree of fat, the bigger the surgical risk
- Smoking: The longer the smoking history (in pack-years smoked), the bigger the surgical risk
- Advancing age
- Poorly controlled polygenic disease, as proved by a high hemoprotein A1C and a high fast aldohexose
- Poorly functioning excretory organ, as proved by raised breadstuff (blood organic compound nitrogen) and blood creatinine
- Poorly functioning liver, as proved by raised blood liver operate tests
- Hypertension (increased blood pressure), particularly if it's poorly controlled
- Poor biological process standing (malnutrition with mineral and victuals deficiencies)
- Poor respiratory organ operates as proved by abnormal respiratory organ operate tests
- History of trauma disorders
- Longstanding sicknesses, like response disorders and chronic infections
- Poor system owing to a range of causes
The risks or complications that will arise throughout the Rectovaginal Fistula Repair surgery are:
- Excessive trauma
- Infection of the surgical wound
- Anesthetic complications
What are the Risks and Complications once the Rectovaginal Fistula Repair surgical procedure?
The doable risks and complications that will arise once a Rectovaginal Fistula Repair procedure are:
- Excessive trauma
- Infection within the surgical wound
- Incomplete healing of the fistula