|Article Views: 4,020|
|Diet and nutrition for eyes|
|Posted on Jun 25, 2015|
|If you feel concerned that your eyes are not as healthy as they should be, there is a strong possibility that the cause of that problem stems from simply not caring for them. Often malnourished diets, neglect, and lifestyle habits are primary reasons for poor eye health. Following are some of the best foods for good eye health, recommended by ophthalmologists: |
- Avocados contain lutein, important in the prevention of macular degeneration associated with aging and cataracts. They are also great sources of eye nutrition including vitamins A, E, and B6.
- Carrots contain ample amounts of beta carotene, pro-vitamin A.
- Broccoli is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, and lutein.
- Spinach is a valuable source of vitamin A and zeaxanthin.
- Tomatoes are high in vitamin C and lycopene, important eye nutrients.
- Garlic contains a wealth of ingredients for eye health including selenium, vitamin C, and quercetin.
- Sunflower seeds contain selenium and other eye nutrients that prevent cataracts.
- Papayas are rich sources of pro-vitamin A.
Supplements for eye health include Eyebright, Fennel, Vitamin A C E B6, zinc, copper, Omega-3 fatty acids, lutein and zeaxanthin.
There are several pieces of advice that we can use to enhance our eye health:
Although we use our eyes every day, it’s one of those organs that we simply forget about. Like our lungs and breathing, its invaluable function is only noticed when something goes wrong. Follow these aforementioned tips and you will have guaranteed good eye health. Daily care plus once a week monitoring from your eye doctor should be done to nurture your precious asset.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |