|Article Views: 4,669|
|International Yoga Day: Multiple beneficiary facets of Yoga|
|Posted on Jun 22, 2015|
|Yoga is a very popular form of exercise and you can find yoga classes almost everywhere but what are the real benefits of yoga for you? |
The great thing about yoga is that you can start at any age or stage of fitness, in fact there are many different yoga classes geared for both the very young and the very old. Yoga is a great way for children to maintain their youthful limberness into their adulthood. Therefore, we look into potential benefits of yoga for all the age groups, starting from children to old age people.
Benefits of yoga for Children Yoga is an excellent system for promoting healthy development and can be an incredibly effective means of facilitating wellness in kids.
- People can possess the flexibility of the body that can further be enhanced by Yoga practice if proper coaching is provided, which is possible for children absolutely because young bodies and minds are prone to learning new things easily and quickly. With the help of Yoga, they can become more coordinated and flexible.
- These days, most children are under great stress. Endless homework, tough competition, student relationship and the pressure from peers, etc. They have to learn to deal with various problems. Fortunately, with Yoga, children can learn ways to relax and get control of stress in their lives.
- Many studies have shown that children who practice Yoga, especially those with problems such as ADHD, are able to concentrate for longer periods of time. Yoga practice can help children learn to focus their mind more effectively.
Benefits of Yoga for Men Yoga is perfect for men not just for gaining muscle but also developing your mind. While most men tend to spend hours in the gym toning their body, few take the time to realize what’s going on inside their body. Yoga is specifically designed to connect your body with your mind and has a lasting effect on both. The health benefits of yoga are as follows:
- Yoga for men is the perfect way to treat sexual problems like erectile dysfunction. Yoga works out your entire body and is also great for boosting prostate health.
- Heart disease and hypertension are well treated by yoga. The various asanas in yoga can help cut down on blood pressure, improve circulation and fight off cholesterol and fat.
- Most yoga asanas move and stretch the spine, helping to make it strong and supple and are a great way to relieve back and neck pain.
- Yoga for men enforces a more positive mental attitude. It has a calming effect on the mind - you will find yourself with greater powers of concentration and will be at peace with yourself.
- Yoga works like an instant shot of energy. Start performing yoga regularly and you will find yourself with more energy to do the things you want to do.
Benefits of Yoga for Women If you are using it as a way to lose weight, you are definitely on the right track. But for women, there is definitely more to yoga than its being a way to reach one’s fitness goals. It has mind-pacifying and other health benefits, so it’s definitely something that you should consider trying if you haven’t already done so.
- Yoga helps improve your posture as your core muscles get strengthened.
- Women become more aware of their bodies as they practice yoga.
- Practicing yoga helps improve the quality of one’s sleep because the poses focus on deep breathing techniques.
- It also provides additional health benefits like improved heart rate and lowered blood pressure.
- There are some types of yoga which help alleviate symptoms of painful chronic conditions like back pain, arthritis and even carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Yoga may seem like a not-so-tedious type of activity but it can actually help improve your fitness as the poses get your heart pumping.
- Yoga helps develop stronger bones and boost muscle strength. With all these benefits and more, there’s really no reason why women should not consider practicing yoga.
Benefits of Yoga for Pregnant Women As a safety precaution when starting yoga, remember to check with your gynaecologist if you are unsure of a safe level of physical exertion for yourself during the pregnancy. When looking for the right class, make sure to take both the style of yoga and instructor into consideration. Following are some of the benefits of yoga for pregnant women:
- One of the most common benefits of yoga for pregnant women is to help stay in shape throughout the pregnancy. Regardless of your fitness level or skill level, yoga is a gentle, but highly effective way of toning the muscles throughout the pregnancy.
- Yoga can help to boost circulation along with fluid retention. This is extremely important as you are doing the work for two during pregnancy. Additionally, asanas help to relieve aches and pains.
- Another one of the benefits of yoga for pregnant women, and for people in general, is that spending time focusing on the combination of body position and breathing you begin to obtain an increased awareness of your body. Through this greater awareness, you are able to better understand what is happening to your body throughout pregnancy.
- Yoga can be practiced until late in the pregnancy. As your body changes, make sure to modify your workout to ensure personal comfort. Yoga can provide benefits even during labour.
Benefits of Yoga for Old People If you’re considering starting a yoga routine post-50, browse through the list below for health benefits: Yoga can be an excellent low-impact exercise options that’s easier on the body than activities like running or weight-lifting. Yoga helps people integrate an exercise program into their routine without some of the downfalls that you can easily come across in different training systems.
- The gentle stretching of yoga poses can go a long way in helping you develop greater flexibility, which can ensure that you maintain a good range of motion as you get older.
- Certain yoga postures can also help ease the hormonal fluctuations of menopause.
- A weekly or daily yoga practice can help relieve stress, and keep you centred and energized.
If you are having doubts about yoga at whatever age you are, research has shown that yoga helps prevent falls in older people, as it improves balance, strengthens muscles and increases confidence when walking. So what is stopping you from trying it out, if you need a friend to go with you, take your mum, dad and grandparents.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |
| Read latest articles...|
| Read all articles of Lazoi Team|
|Colonoscopic Surgical Procedure: The risks, complications, care needed and more..Read More|
|Retinal Detachment: What are the causes, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment..Read More|
|Stomach Cancer Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|Squint Repair Surgery: The procedure, risks, complications and more..Read More|
|What Is Malignant Hypertension: Possible causes, risk factors, treatment..Read More|