How to Keep Your Vision Healthy
- Posted on- Jun 11, 2015
- 2658 Views
Eye care is something many of us take for granted, and if your eyesight has always been good, you may have never been to an ophthalmologist. As we age though, the body needs additional maintenance and this includes your eyes. People with bad eyesight are familiar with seeing an eye doctor, but everyone needs to take care of their eyes so they last as long as you do. There are many ways to take care of your eyes and most of them are very common.
- Diet can have an effect on healthy vision. Vitamin C and E, along with calcium and folic acid can help you avoid macular degeneration and cataracts. There are also eye drops that help cataracts and glaucoma, but ophthalmologists say that regular eye drops can actually hurt your vision. Swimming can have an adverse affect on your vision, but it depends on the individual and most eye specialists agree that it takes years of constant exposure.
- Your eyesight is greatly impacted in how you react in certain situation whether in a positive manner or negative one. If you are feeling stressed then you need to relax and so do your eyes if you want to improve eyesight naturally. Relaxing the eyes is easier than you might think. One way to do this is look at things that are more pleasant as opposed to thing that can annoy us. If you’re at work, put photos of family and friends around your desk to help ease the stress and relax the eyes.
- Another relaxation technique that you can implement is to close your eyes and cover them up so prevent light from entering. Being in a comfortable position also helps. Do this for as long as you need until you feel relaxed and the stress is gone. Think of thoughts that lift your spirit and make you happy.
- Taking breaks when you are at work or doing something that can cause a lot of eye strain is also important.
- Visiting an eye specialist regularly is also a part of good vision health and is also the most overlooked by people with good eyesight. Adults older than 18 need to go every 3 years until they turn 40. Many late vision problems can now be corrected with LASIK surgery if you are looking for a more permanent solution than thicker glasses.
and a good diet
will keep your eyes healthy. If your eyes are good now, don’t wait until a problem occurs. Like health care and dental care, waiting until you have a problem may already be too late to prevent permanent eye damage
. If you have a serious problem, such as glaucoma
, and you ignore it blindness and extreme eye pain will result. It is best to visit an eye specialist