Cancer is by far the most feared of all disorders. Threatening humanity with slow painful death is what people think when they first experience pain or feel a lump in their bodies. Cancer in any form remains a dreaded diagnosis not only because of looming shadow of death but also the adverse effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy.
In India, where Ayurveda has roots since eternity (5000 years back), describes cancer as aggravation of one or more doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha which leads to blood impurity. In a normal functioning body, these doshas are in balance. However, neglecting natural cycles and indulging in smoking, tobacco chewing, eating heavily processed foods, late night work, daytime sleep, etc can disturb the balance of these doshas and trigger a disease. The impure blood along with disturbed doshas circulate in the body and relocates in a weak body part.
Ayurvedic Treatment of Cancer
Ayurveda works on the principles of cleansing the blood with non-invasive techniques and herbal formulas. In severer cancer cases, strengthening and rejuvenating therapy may be additionally required. Though cancer is extremely tricky to cure, Ayurveda offers a lot to the patients through its natural treatments. In order to restore balance in doshas and minimize or completely eliminate cancer, Ayurveda recommends consuming following herbs:
- Ashwagandha: Being an adaptogen (a natural herb product that aids the body in dealing with anxiety, fatigue, trauma), this herb is used to cure hundred of ailments in Ayurvedic medicine. Ashwagandha increases our defiance to stress while increasing energy levels and enabling the body’s systems to flush out cancerous cells. Ayurvedic experts say a lot of research has been done on Ashwagandha’s effectiveness to cure cancer. It slows down the growth of cancer cells and restricts the growth of tumor cells.
- Garlic: Countless studies have shown that garlic is exceptionally useful herb in treating cancer. For ages, experts have been utilizing garlic juice and even raw garlic to treat cancer. In addition to colon cancer, garlic has known to kill brain cancer cells without disturbing healthy cells and with zero side-effects. Along with onions and broccoli, garlic is one of the best attacks on cancer.
- Green Tea: Green tea is not just for good health, it is also for healing different forms of cancer. Not only does it interferes with the formation of cancerous cells, the catechin polyphenols found in green tea can destroy these cells without harming healthy cells. By having green tea regularly, you can eliminate malignant tumors when they are in initial stage.
- Celandine: Celandine is member of poppy plant family and has been known to treat various cancers. It also strengthens the immune system so that cancer and other diseases don’t get a chance to develop. The herb is also used to treat asthma and atherosclerosis.
- Aloe Vera & Apple Cider Vinegar: These two herbal remedies work together to clean the blood, thereby eliminating accumulated toxins in the body. They are further used as anti-inflammatory agents.
- Turmeric: If you haven’t heard of this powerful herb, you may be living on a different planet. Though turmeric is elemental in treating different diseases, a particular compound found in its roots, Curcumin can cause cancer cells to self-destruct. A study on turmeric’s ability to destroy cancer cells revealed astonishing results at the Department of Surgery, Dalhousie University, Canada.
Sure, you can choose chemotherapy or radiation therapy to cure cancer which causes hair loss and leaves you devastated from inside. Or you can begin taking these prove Ayurvedic remedies
which have helped many patients in the past.