|Full Body Health Checkup I|
|Price ||Rs. 2200.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 0.00|
|Payable ||Rs.2200.00||Book Now|
|Senior Citizen Checkup (Male & Female)|
|Price ||Rs. 2575.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 772.50|
|Payable ||Rs.1802.50||Book Now|
|Comprehensive Wellness (Advance)|
|Price ||Rs. 6850.00|
|Discount|| Rs. 2055.00|
|Payable ||Rs.4795.00||Book Now||
| View Article|
|Article Views: 2,964|
|Heart Burn: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment|
|Posted on Jun 10, 2015|
|Heartburn is a health condition that is torturing millions of people around the world. Some sufferers confuse the symptoms of heart burn with heart attack. Heart burn is not related to ‘heart.’ Heartburn is related to the ‘digestive system.’ It is a painful burning discomfort felt in the chest, just behind the breastbone. The burning sensation results when stomach acids back up into the oesophagus, but many different things may lead to heartburn and may be referred to as causes of heartburn. Heartburn symptoms are often referred to as indigestion.|
Symptoms of heartburn in men
- Pain in the chest, particularly while bending, lying down, or eating.
- Flaring sensation in the throat or sour, warm, acidic or salty-tasting liquid rising in the throat.
- Problems in swallowing anything.
- Irritating feeling in the chest at the back of the breastbone that arises after eating and lasts for a while (approx 20-30 min).
- Feeling of food getting stuck while going down the chest or throat.
- Heartburn might give rise to chronic cough, soreness in the throat, or chronic hoarseness.
Symptoms of heartburn in women
Symptoms of heartburn in children
- Chest pain is one of the symptoms. The acid makes its way into the oesophagus, and causes pain behind the breastbone and sometimes also in the throat.
- When the stomach acids flow backward into the oesophagus, it causes a burning sensation in the throat and lower oesophagus.
- Most infants, when they suffer from heartburn, bend their back, while being fed.
- If the child refuses to eat, it can be a warning sign.
- Most infants and children vomit, which is a symptom of indigestion and heartburn.
- If your child suffers from regular bouts of choking or gagging, it can be attributed to heartburn.
- Many times, breathing problems are looked upon as respiratory tract problems, but they can also result from gastrointestinal problems.
- The child can cry frequently, be fussy, and may not be able to say it.
What are the causes of heartburn?
Steps to cure heartburn
- Lose weight if you suffer from obesity
- Take an antacid as this will neutralize the effect of the acids that are produced in the stomach
- Quit smoking
- Eat a balanced diet and do not overeat
- Do not sleep or lie down for at least 2-3 hours after eating. Try and catch a few winks in a sitting position if sleep cannot be avoided
- Eat meals that have a high content of protein in them and are low in fat
- Avoid all those foods which can cause heartburn like chocolates, tomatoes, oily and fatty substances
- Do not wear tight and ill-fitting clothes as they can aggravate the heartburn
- If possible, don’t completely lie down when you sleep. Either place 2-3 pillows under your head or raise the level of the head of the bed with the help of wooden blocks. This will help in preventing heartburn
- Eat a papaya. This has an enzyme called papain which helps to soothe the stomach
- Lying on your left side while sleeping reduces the chances of heartburn
Though heartburn could be a minor indigestion problem, it should not be neglected. Excessive acid in the oesophagus can lead to more serious conditions like oesophageal bleeding and even ulcers or scars in that region. If any person is bothered by the above-mentioned symptoms persistently, he/she should visit a qualified gastroenterologist for proper treatment.
|Written by : Lazoi Team |