Oily Skin care in summer: Follow these valuable tips
- Posted on- Jun 08, 2015
- 5718 Views
Oily skin is vulnerable to pimples and blackheads. The reason for this is over secretion of sebum by oil glands which can further cause acne problem. Oily skin attached with dirt particles also result in the formation of blackheads. The condition gets worse in summers. People try countless things to prevent skin damage during sunny season. People with oily skin have to be extra careful in summers because exposure to summer heat only worsens the problem. Following tips can help you get rid of oily skin even in high temperatures:
- Egg yolk is the simplest measure to remove oily shine from the surface of the skin. The preparation of egg yolk should be applied to oily spots and left for at least 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water after that.
- Aloe Vera is considered an exceptional plant because of its multiple beneficial properties. Aloe Vera extract helps absorb oil from the skin. A gel containing Aloe Vera should be applied at least three times a day to dry out the skin. For a refreshing home therapy, Aloe Vera should be refrigerated during the summer season.
- A blend of almonds and honey is a result-oriented solution to oil and dead skin cells. After applying the paste, leave it for a while before cleaning it off with cool water.
- Lemon is known to have antioxidant properties and can be applied to the face when combined with water. After waiting for 2 minutes, rinse with warm water. The process takes away all the oils and toxins away from the skin. After that, rinse with cold water for a refreshing feeling.
- Lime helps in reducing oils on the skin. Combine equal proportions of lime and cucumber juice. Apply the solution on the face leave it for few minutes before finally rinsing it off with cool water.
- Adding baking soda in a liquid soap may not sound comfortable, but the solution when applied onto oily areas not only removes oil but also helps to get rid of blackheads.
In addition to above mentioned tips, it is better if you not do certain activities that harm your skin such as:
- Do not consume soft drinks or alcoholic beverages.
- Don’t smoke as it promotes overall enlargement of the pores and hampers the overall health of the skin.
- Do not use talcum powder on the face as it tends to accumulate in the pores causing more pimples.
- Avoid sugar, chocolate, fried and junk food.
- Say no to oily food. Skin care is in your hands, most of the time. These tips can help you.
However, if your condition doesn’t respond to these tips, you may need a consultation with dermatologist