World Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome Day is celebrated on 8th May, which is the birth anniversary of Florence Nightingale. She was the founder of Modern Nursing who suffered from fatigue illness resembling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or fibromyalgia probably. This day is celebrated to spread awareness about fatigue illness resembling Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and its causes, symptoms and cure.
Anyone could be affected by Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome but most commonly individuals who are between 25 to 45 ages and in women of all ages are affected by CFSIDS, which covers 80% of all cases. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), affects daily activities of a person which is characterized by substantial debility and it is not relieved by rest, as it is accompanied by profound fatigue whereas Immune Dysfunction Syndrome is a immunodeficiency disorder that abandon your body to fight with infection and disease which makes viruses and bacterial infections easy to catch you at first place. Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is also known as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME). It is a debilitating medical condition. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) or Mylagic Encephalomyelitis’s symptoms include post-exertional malaise, cognitive problems, disturbed sleep, and body pain when asked by vary person. It is more than just a fatigue. Medical research has proved that Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome cannot be related to head, laziness or mental disorder only, however, it is not sourced by psychological thing.
To identify Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome, symptoms are as follows:
- Joint pain (without redness or swelling)
- Short-term memory or concentration problem
- disturbed or non-restorative sleep
- Flu-like symptoms
- Depression , stress and anxiety
- Decrease in stamina
Whereas the exact cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome couldn’t have been found till now by the doctors, but some of the possible causes are infections, abnormally low blood pressure that can cause fainting, nutritional deficiency, immune dysfunction and stress. Generalized pain, memory problems, depression, stress and anxiety also can be faced if the person is suffering from severe fatigue from more than 6 months.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome starts from fever or flu like symptoms like pain in joints, head-ache, sore throat and fatigue which are mistakenly taken as condition of fever and CFS are not diagnosed. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome cannot be cured as it has medication course which can give relief to a person with some of its affects, which are sleep disorders, nausea, pain, flu-like symptoms, depression and anxiety. People coping skills could be taught by supportive therapies such as counseling. And the symptoms can be cured by taking following steps, that is:
- Set a fixed sleeping hours for the patients
- Exercise and stretching can improve sleeping habits
- Sleep medicine , therapies should be taken under doctor’s prescription
- For controlling joint pains and muscle pains, techniques such as massage, exercises, acupuncture, relaxation techniques can be applied under the supervision of a qualified practitioner
- Dizziness can be treated with increased fluid and salt intake besides medication
- Deep breathing , Meditation and Yoga can be highly beneficial in reducing stress and anxiety