Smart lipo is a minimal invasive and one of the safest cosmetic surgery procedures for the removal of excess body fat. Smart lipo can remove the excessive fat up to 8 pounds. Smart lipo procedure is also known as Liposmart or Laser Lipolysis. Smart lipo procedure uses highly sensitive laser beam to dissolve excessive fat. This procedure enhances the patient’s body appearance and reverses the aging effects of sagging or lax skin. Smart lipo procedure should be considered when a patient has failed to lose excessive fat through diet and exercise. This unique procedure removes the excessive fat cells from the various regions of the body including thighs, breast, buttocks, upper arms, abdomen and waist. Sometimes, smart lipo procedure is performed in combination with liposuction.
Smart lipo benefits
Smart lipo candidates
- Smart lipo technique provides positive result and faster recovery than traditional liposuction procedure. Smart lipo procedure requires very small incisions therefore, chances of scars are very less.
- Smart lipo technique removes excessive fat tissues without disturbing the nearby tissues.
- Smart lipo procedure has fewer side effects and causes less bleeding, bruising, and discomfort than liposuction procedure.
Suitable candidates of smart lipo include:
Smart lipo cost
- Individuals with elastic skin and good muscle tone
- Individuals who do not have any life threatening disease
- Individuals with realistic expectations
On an average a patient may have to spend 5000 US dollars on a Smart Lipo surgery. However, the cost of smart lipo treatment varies as per the size of the area being treated. The cost of smart lipo procedure
generally includes anaesthesia fees, cosmetic surgeon’s fee, hospital charges, medical tests and medicines.
Preparing for smart lipo
Before undergoing a smart lipo procedure, a patient is asked to:
Smart lipo procedure
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Only take prescribed medicines
- Avoid taking aspirin and other inflammatory drugs
- Get a lab test
Before performing the smart lipo surgery, a cosmetic surgeon
will inject local or general anaesthesia into the patient’s vein. The patient is administered with anaesthesia to reduce bleeding and trauma during surgery. Small incisions are made by a cosmetic surgeon around the surgical site. After making the incisions, fat deposit area is exposed to a low intensity laser beam. The energy from the laser destroys the fat cells. A drain tube is placed under the patient for the evacuation of fat cells. The cosmetic surgeon will close the incisions with sutures and surgical tape to ensure the proper healing of wounds. Depending upon the target area, smart lipo procedure is generally completed within 2 hours.
Smart lipo risks
The risks associated with smart lipo procedure
are same as with other cosmetic surgeries. However, there are very rare chances of risks after a smart lipo procedure. Potential risks related to smart lipo procedure are: