Eyelid surgery is a cosmetic surgery procedure to enhance the impression of the eyelids. This surgical procedure is also known as Blepahroplasty. An Eyelid surgery can be performed on the lower lids, upper lids or both. Eyelid surgery not known only revives the area surrounding the eyes, but it is also effective in the treatment of functional problems related to the eyelids.
What eyelid surgery can do?
Eyelid surgery cost
- Reduce the lines around the outer corners and lower lid of the eye
- Improve vision by removing the excessive deposit of tissue
- Eyelid surgery reduces the floating under the eyes and minimizes the visible dark circles under the eyes
- Eyelid surgery gives a new and refreshed appearance to your face and improves the shape and appearance of your eyes
The average cost of an eyelid surgery in India
is between Rs. 90,000 to 1 lakh. Eyelid surgery cost includes cosmetic surgeon’s fee, medical tests, anaesthesia, prescriptions for medications, and hospital facilities charge. However, above-mentioned cost may vary based on the type of hospital, the cosmetic surgeon’s experience and type of procedure used in eyelid surgery.
Eyelid surgery candidates
Best candidates for an eyelid surgery procedure
Preparing for eyelid surgery
- People who have realistic expectations
- People who do not have any blood related disorder
Before undergoing an eyelid surgery, a patient should carefully follow the instructions given by the cosmetic surgeon
. A patient is asked to:
Eyelid surgery procedure
- Stop smoking
- Get a blood test
- Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin
- Avoid eating and drinking on the day of surgery
- Avoid wearing contact lenses
An eyelid surgery includes four steps: anaesthesia, making incisions, closing the incisions, and delivering the results. As per cosmetic surgeon preference, a patient is given general anaesthesia or intravenous sedation, so that he/she may not feel uneasiness during the procedure. For the treatment of upper eyelid
, an incision is made around upper eyelid excessive fat is removed, and muscles are corrected. For the treatment of lower eyelid, an incision is made just below the lower lash line and excess fat is removed or repositioned. Eyelid incisions are closed with sutures or surgical tape. After a few days, a cosmetic surgeon may also perform chemical peeling or laser to reduce the discoloration of the lower eyelids.
Eyelid surgery risks
The risks and complications associated with eyelid surgery are same as other surgical procedures. Some common risks associated with eyelid surgery
- Anaesthesia risks
- Persistent pain
- Numbness around eyes
- Unfavorable results