Calcium is one of the key nutrients in your body. Around 99% of the calcium in our body is found in bones and teeth. Calcium also plays a major role in the contraction of muscles, clotting of blood, and nerve function. Calcium is very essential for children as it helps in the development of bone and bone mass and maintains the thickness of the bones. Men, women, and children of every age need an adequate intake of calcium every day. The levels of calcium can be checked by doing a blood test.
The most common cause of the deficiency of calcium is the low levels of Vitamin D. The deficiency of calcium restricts the proper growth of your child and affects your bone in the long run. Therefore, it is necessary to know the signs of calcium deficiency to overcome its deficiency.
Here are some warning signs that indicate towards the deficiency of calcium
Muscle cramps and strain
- Deficiency of calcium has a direct affect on your bones, a small twist or injury can result in fracture and osteoporosis.
- Weakness in bones influences the body posture and muscle strength. Calcium mineral is important for the development of bones and keeping them strong.
- If there is no adequate intake of calcium daily, your body withdraws calcium from the bones to ensure the normal cell function. Lack of calcium makes your bones hollow.
- Persistent muscle cramps and strain is one of the most common symptoms of calcium deficiency.
- The low levels of vitamin D, makes the nerve cell too delicate and fragile causing frequent muscle cramps and strain.
- Deficiency of calcium often leads to turbulent tingling and twitches in the muscle, leading to temporary numbness in different body parts.
- Calcium is very important for the overall oral health. Bleeding gums, toothache and other gum problems become inevitable due to the deficiency of calcium.
- Calcium helps in fighting bacteria in your mouth and keeps away all the dental problems.
- Deficiency of calcium changes your teeth colour from sparkling white to pale yellow.
- Low levels of calcium make your nails extremely weak and vulnerable to breaks. Nails are broken easily and do not grow properly.
- Due to calcium deficiency makes your nails to lose their original colour. Often, white patches build up on your nails.
- Calcium supports the body in fighting with harmful bacteria, virus, yeast, and fungi and boosts your immune system.
- People with low levels of calcium are more susceptible to infections and the common cold. Lack of calcium levels, slow-down the healing process of wounds and injuries.
- Adequate levels of calcium increase the level of oxygen in your blood. The breakdown of tissue can also be, treated by taking sufficient amounts of calcium.