Collagen injection is a non-surgical method for face-lift, neck-lift, body contouring, and skin tightening. Collagen injection therapy is the safest and effective therapy to contour side effects of growing age. This remarkable therapy proves to be very fruitful in the treatment of areas like inner arms, neck, inner thighs, face, and abdomen areas.
What is Collagen?
There are more than 20 types of collagen found in bone, skin, cartilage, and tendons. Collagen is a protein present in the skin is responsible for the elasticity of the skin and provides strength to it. Collagen breaks down because of the ageing process, leading to wrinkles and sagging of skin. Therefore, collagen is injected, which helps skin to maintain its elasticity and strength. Collagen injections are very beneficial for people of early old age and who want to reduce their early ageing signs.
Collagen injection benefits
The prime advantage of collagen injection is being a non-ablative procedure. There is no requirement of any cut or an incision to be, made. Therefore, there are few chances of risk and complications. As collagen is a natural protein, it causes no side effects like other synthetic fillers. Some other benefits of collagen injection are:
Types of Collagen Filler
- Defined lip lines
- More youthful and stunning appearance
- Reduced wrinkles and fine lines
- No acne
The two most common types of Collagen fillers used are Autologen filler and Dermalogen Filler.
The autologen collagen is, obtained from the patient’s own skin from, the collagen is, extracted, liquefied, sterilised, and purified for injecting again. Autologen provides longer lasting results and there is no requirement for the patient to undergo an allergy test
The dermalogen filler is obtained from the skin of the deceased person and is sterilized and processed afterwards. There is no need of a allergy test as it is derived from human skin, so chances of allergic reaction area very less.
Collagen Treatment Procedure
Risks of collagen injection
- Collagen injection is the simplest cosmetic procedure and takes less than 1 hour before completion. Collagen injections are, placed multiple times around the desired area.
- Patient has to undergo a skin test before the treatment skin test includes injecting a small amount of collagen to detect any possible allergic reaction.
- A patient may be, given intravenous sedation to reduce the pain during the procedure.
- The results obtained from the collagen injection generally depend upon the type of fillers used. A patient may start to see results within two days. Typically, results last for the maximum of 3 months. After that, a person may have to undergo the procedure again.
There are very few risks related to collagen injection, as a cosmetic surgery
. Some possible risks are: