Lip augmentation is a cosmetic surgery, which can reshape your lips giving them an aesthetic yet elegant look. Lip augmentation is carried out using lip implants or derma fillers to make your lips plumper and enhancing your overall look. This minor surgery is beneficial for those who have thin lips or those who want to have more enhancements in their lips. The most common type of derma filler injected into your lips is similar to hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance found in the body. This acid helps to increase the volume of your lips. Lip augmentation is done to shape your lips and add volume to it.
Lip augmentation procedure
The method of lip enhancement depends upon the person’s aesthetic goals. A cosmetic surgeon may perform two to three procedures to get the desired results.
Filler Injections- Certain fillers are injected into your lips. These fillers contain natural and synthetic biocompatible substance, which act as a substitute to plump up the lips. However, results from filler last for 6 months only and again repeated to get desired lips.
Lip Implant Surgery- Lip implants are inserted into the lips by making incisions around the corners of your lips. A lip implant can be natural or synthetic depending on you choice.
Dermal Graft Lip Augmentation- This is the permanent method of getting fuller or plumper lips. A thick layer of skin is taken for liposuction. After draining blood from grafted skin, an incision is made around the corners of the lips and fat is injected into the lips.
Preparing for Lip augmentation
Lip augmentation- Recovery and Aftercare
- Avoid eating and drinking just before going for Lip augmentation.
- Avoid smoking for minimum one month before going for Lip augmentation.
- To prevent any infection, don’t wear any jewellery, contact lenses, or make up on the day of Lip augmentation.
- Avoid taking antibiotics, natural medicines, or any other inflammatory drugs to avoid excessive bleeding.
Risk associated with Lip augmentation
- After Lip augmentation surgery, it generally takes very less time to recover and patients can return to their regular routine within a day.
- There may a little swelling or some bruising which will heal with time.
- Uneasiness and discomfort are normal after the lip augmentation procedure. You may be confined to a liquid diet for one or a two-day.
- Reaction to anaesthesia
- Damage to underlying tissues
- Not satisfied with results
- Ask you any medical query by follow the given link : https://www.lazoi.com/Member/frmAskQueryDoc.aspx. Or Talk with our Experts at : +91 8010335566.