Indraprastha Apollo Hospital which is located in Sarita Vihar, Delhi. It is a 700-bedded hospital. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital provides a huge range of comprehensive health services. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Sarita Vihar is the First Hospital in India to be Internationally Accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) consecutively for the 4th time. Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is one of the best multi-specialty hospitals and the most sought-after destination in SAARC region for healthcare delivery.
A state-of-the art modern facility in the heart of the capital, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is spread over 15 acres and has a built-up area of over 600,000 square feet. Currently Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 700 beds with a capacity to expand to 1000 beds.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has always kept its patients on the top and strived to deliver not world class but the world's best care to its patients since its establishment in 1996.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has successfully conducted a Split Liver Transplant in two adults, a first in the city and second in the country.By the WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey in 2013, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital was known to be the 6th best private hospital in India for Cardiology.
Few of the Salient Aspects of this Flagship Institution of Apollo Hospital:
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital won the first position in the Poster Presentation for "Minimizing Medication Errors".
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Delhi won the FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards 2013 in the category of Operational Excellence (Private - Multispecialty Hospital) for the project "Pressure Ulcers - Zero Tolerance".
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital was ranked the 8th best private hospital in India for Diabetology THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013.
By the THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital was ranked the 4th best private hospital in India for Pediatrics.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital was ranked the 5th best private hospital in India for Neurology Pediatrics by the THE WEEK-A C Nielsen, Best Hospital Survey 2013.
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has 52 Specialties under one roof
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital is the first Hospital in India to perform a Pediatric Liver Transplant in 1998 and one of the busiest Liver Kidney transplant programs in the country
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has the maximum number of ICU Beds in a Private Hospital in India
• The clinical laboratories of Indraprastha Apollo Hospital have been accredited by NABL.
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital consists of experienced and renowned doctors in Cardiac sciences (Cardiology & Cardio-thoracic Surgery) and Neurological sciences (Neurology & Neuro-surgery)
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has Largest Sleep Lab in Asia
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has one of the largest Dialysis Units in India
• Apollo Cancer Institute is a Comprehensive Cancer care centre with management of cancers as a multi-specialty concerted approach including the most advanced Radiation Oncology Centre with Novalis Tx, ClinaciX and HDR-Brachytherapy
• Indraprastha Apollo Hospital includes 6 bed dedicated Bone Marrow Transplant Unit with stringent infection control practices
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Group marked the 15th anniversary of its Liver Transplant program with a gathering of transplant patients and their family members at the hospital. The event was graced by the presence of His Holiness, The Dalai Lama, who spoke on the wisdom of compassion to patients and staff of the hospital.
In 2011, the Indraprastha Apollo Hospital got JCI re-accredited consecutively for the fourth time making it the first hospital to do so in the country. Without any doubt, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital has been an industry leader in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital currently has the International Patient Safety Goals implemented and has an in-house developed protocol to optimize patient safety known as CAPS scoring. Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals also takes care of its outcomes and various clinical parameters through ACE@25 (Apollo Clinical Excellence) which enables them to stay abreast and above the world's best medical Institutions.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals Sarita Vihar has 52 specialties in it and the major specialties being anesthesia, cardiology, cardiac surgery, cancer, critical care, emergency care, fetal medicine, gastroenterology and hepatology, obstetrics & gynecology, interventional radiology, IVF, liver and kidney transplant, nuclear medicine, nephrology, neurosciences, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology (ENT), pediatrics, pediatric surgery, psychiatry and clinical psychology, plastic & reconstructive surgery, respiratory & sleep medicine, rheumatology, spine surgery, urology & andrology and vascular & endovascular surgery.
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital Sarita Vihar communicates with the best doctors through a rigorous credentialing and privileging process and they are supported by the best healthcare staff. Regular training programs, conferences and continuing medical education programs are undertaken in Indraprastha Apollo Hospital to keep the staff abreast with the latest developments in their fields.