About Dr. Madhusudan Singh Solanki
Gold medallist Consultant psychiatrist, Psychotherapist Dr. Madhusudan Singh Solanki has more than 10 years of cumulative experience in Psychiatry. He has learnt and polished his psychiatric skills in two of the Biggest hospitals in Asia namely, Safdarjung hospital & VM Medical College, New Delhi and BJ Medical college & Civil Hospital Ahmedabad, Passing his post graduation in Psychiatry with a Gold Medal. He has several National and International scientific presentations and research work Recognized to his name. He has also worked as a consultant for Asia Australia mental health project with university of Melbourne in the Asia Pacific region for community mental health.
Currently he is the author and Validator for mental health content on National Health Portal-a Ministry of Health initiative and is a member of a worldwide team of recovery oriented Psychiatrists for a prestigious World Psychiatric Association project. A Member of the Indian Psychiatric Society, the young dynamic Dr. Madhusudan Singh Solanki also happens to be one of the most popular online independent Music composers, song writers in India and is known for his work on mental Health awareness and stigma reduction using music and arts. A strong advocate of the holistic approach and patient empowerment Dr. Madhusudan Singh Solanki believes the aim of the therapy should extend beyond mere symptom removal to the actualization of the potential each person is born with.
For last three years Dr. Madhusudan has been spearheading the mental health and well being Services at the Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences at the state Of the art Saket City Hospital which is now Max Smart Superspeciality Hospital, Saket, New Delhi
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Madhusudan Singh Solanki on www.Lazoi.com.
1. May 2006- May 2009, Psychiatry Residency, BJ Medical College Ahmedabad
2. Sept 2009- Aug 2012, Senior Resident Psychiatrist, Safdarjung Hospital & VM Medical College
3. Sept 2012- Nov 2012, Consultant Asia Australia Mental Health Project, Melbourne University & NIHFW
4. Nov 2012 –Feb 2012, Consultant Psychiatrist Apollo Health And Lifestyle
5. March 2012-Till Date, Consultant & Head, Department Of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Saket City Hospital New Delhi
• AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
1. Won an Interstate Postgraduate psychiatry Quiz held for the PG students of Maharashtra Gujrat and Goa at the 7th Postgraduate CME held at GOA in July 2007
2. Awarded Gold Medal in Psychiatry residency program for securing first position in the University.
3. Presented an Original Scientific Paper titled “A Short Term Naturalistic Study of Major Depressive Disorder: an Observational study” at 61st Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society held at Agra (ANCIPS-2008) in Jan 2009.
4. Invited and felicitated as a noted speaker by All India Women’s conference on stress and how to manage it.
5. Invited and felicitated as a panellist in Max-Medicon 2015 on Child Sexual Abuse.
6. Has been a regular speaker in various schools, colleges, institutions and corporate houses to talk about mental health issues.
7. Launched the first of its kind Preventive Mental Health Program, the first in private sector in India as Consultant and Head Dept of Psychiatry and Behavioural Sciences Saket City Hospital. http://ehealth.eletsonline.com/2013/10/saket-city-hospital-observes-world-mental-health-day/
8. Madhusudan Singh Solanki , Kuldip Kumar. Usual Erratic phenomenon, dramatic outcome- a case report of phenytoin toxicity".International Journal- Bulletin of Clinical Psychopharmacology BCP. 2013 23(1): 81-3doi: 10.5455/bcp.20120812015050 http://www.scopemed.org/?mno=21635
9. Madhusudan Singh Solanki, Mennaz Zafar, Rajesh Rastogi. Music as a therapy: Role in psychiatry. Asian Journal of Psychiatry 6 (2013), pp. 193-199 http://authors.elsevier.com/sd/article/S1876201812002328
10. Madhusudan, Vankar GK, Brahmbhatt M, Rastogi R, Verma P. Major Depression: A Short Term Naturalistic Study in Outpatients. Delhi Psychiatry Journal. April 2011 Vol 14 (1) 70-77 http://medind.nic.in/daa/t11/i1/daat11i1p70.pdf
11. Rajesh Rastogi, Madhusudan, Kuldip Kumar, Pankaj Verma, Abhinit Kumar, Manushri Gupta. Psychiatric referral characteristics at a tertiary care hospital: a fresh appraisal Indian Journal of Social Psychiatry. 27 (3-4) 2011 165-169.
13. Rajesh Rastogi, Madhusudan: Psychiatric aspects of HIV and AIDS in Women. Chapter in a book of Obstetrics & Gynecology by S. Salhan.
14. Minakshi N Parikh, Madhusudan. Mania and Mixed dissociative–conversion disorder: a comorbidity. Case report. Delhi Psychiatry Journal. April 2012 Vol 15 (1) 225-227 http://medind.nic.in/daa/t12/i1/daat12i1p225.pdf
15. Referral patterns to a psychiatric unit in a tertiary care general hospital Madhusudan, Abhinit Kumar, Rajesh Rastogi, Pankaj Verma Poster presentation in Annual National Conference of Indian Psychiatric Society published in Indian journal of psychiatry 2011 . Posters. Indian J Psychiatry serial online 2011 cited 2012 May 653:73-109. Available from: http://www.indianjpsychiatry.org/text.asp?2011/53/5/73/94536
16. Invited to author an online training course for primary health care doctors about how to successfully implement National mental health program for Government of India in Jan 2013.
17. Invited to Author Alcohol Use disorder chapter on National Health Portal. http://www.nhp.gov.in/healthy-lifestyle/alcohol-use-disorder
18. Invited to Author Obsessive Compulsive disorder chapter on National Health Portal. http://www.nhp.gov.in/disease-a-z/o/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd
19. Madhusudan Singh Solanki, Girish Banwari. Comedy to sleazy horror: no end to cinema's stigmatizing and ridiculing attitude towards mental illness and psychiatry. Asian J Psychiatry 2016 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ajp.2015.12.009
20. Girish Banwari, Madhusudan Singh Solanki Non-psychiatrists practising psychiatry in India: ethical concerns. Indian journal of medical ethics. Vol 13, No 1 (2016) http://www.issuesinmedicalethics.org/index.php/ijme/article/view/2337/4901
21. Has been covered and applauded in National and International media for his efforts in spreading mental health awareness and stigma reduction using music and arts. http://zeenews.india.com/news/health/health-news/doctors-musical-pill-for-people-suffering-from-mental-illness_15884.html
22. Has been invited on National television channels like NDTV India to give expert opinion on various topics related to mental health and well being.