About Dr. Gururaj Sangondimath
Dr. Gururaj Sangondimath is an eminent orthopaedic & spine surgeon in Vasant Kunj, South West Delhi with many years of experience in this field. At present, he is working as a consultant and chief of spine surgery at Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi. Prior to this he was associated with Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences and St. Johns National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore. He holds the prestigious Fellowship of National Board (FNB) in spine surgery from Indian Spinal Injuries Centre, New Delhi.
Dr. Gururaj Sangondimath is an internationally trained spine surgeon in South West Delhi who possesses Fellowship in Cervical Spine Surgery Abumi from Hokkaido University Medical Hospital, Sapporo, Japan. Moreover, he has attended various courses related to spine surgery in both India and abroad. He has been awarded several times for his remarkable achievements in the field of orthopaedic and spine surgery. Moreover, he never misses an opportunity to attend conferences, workshops and seminars on various aspects of orthopaedics.
Dr. Gururaj Sangondimath has performed hundreds of successful spine surgeries till date. He has a high success rate with patients benefiting immensely from his world-class treatment. Dr. Sangondimath also specialises in degenerative spine, spine trauma, minimal access spine surgery, tumour and tubercular (infection) spine and deformity surgery. To his credit are numerous publications and presentations. Besides being an informed medical professional, Dr. Gururaj Sangondimath also has a rich teaching experience. He’s involved in the training of undergraduate medical students and the post-graduate teaching program. Additionally, he has trained nursing staff and physiotherapists regarding the care of patients in the wards.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Gururaj Sangondimath on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Current Member Executive Committee of Delhi spine society
2. Member of ISIC Editorial Committee of E-learning project of International Spinal cord society
3. Member of Various sub committees of E-learning project of International Spinal cord society
• WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics at Karnataka institute of medical sciences, Hubli, India, from November 2008 –February 2009
2. Senior Resident, Department of Orthopaedics at St. Johns National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India from July 2008- October 2008
3. Post Graduate Resident- Orthopaedics, Department of Orthopaedics at St. Johns National Academy of Health Sciences, Bangalore, India from May 2005 - May 2008
1. Young Investigator of the year 2013 award by Association of spine surgeons of India., 2013 January
2. Dartmouth Hitchcock fellowship in spine surgery at Dartmouth Hitchcock medical centre, USA. , 2013 January
3. Included in the World’s Who’s Who 2102 pearl edition., 2012 December
4. Won best Poster presentation award at International spinal cord and spinal surgeries conference held at Le Meridian, New delhi, 2012 October
5. Won Second Prize for Poster presentation International spinal cord and spinal surgeries conference held at Saha Institute, Kolkata., 2011 November
6. Awarded “Best Employee of the year” for special accomplishment., 2011 January
7. Awarded second best poster at International spinal cord society annual Conference , 2010 October
8. Awarded Asian Spinal Cord Network International Fellowship during the Annual conference held at Kathmandu for best poster presentation., 2009 November
9. Secured All India 2nd rank in entrance exams for FNB , 2009 January
10. Secured 3rd rank in M S Orthopaedics examination held at state level by Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Science (State level University), India., 2008 April
11. Won third prize in Orthopaedic quiz conducted by Karnataka Orthopaedic Association., 2007 August
• FELLOWSHIPS AND COURSES:
1. Fellowship in Spinal tumor surgeries at Milan, Italy in Sep 2014
2. Attended International spinal cord society annual meeting at Maastricht, The Netherlands in Sep 2014
3. Attended IMAST 2014 at Valencia, Spain in July 2014
4. Dartmoth Hitchcock spine fellowship at USA in Nov 2013
5. Attended annual meeting of Scoliosis research society at Lyon, France in Sep 2013
6. Attended Asia pecific cervical spine society annual meeting at Changmai, Thailand in Nov 2012
7. Fellowship in cervical spine surgery under Dr Prof K.Abumi at Hokkaido University Medical Hospital,Sapporo,Japan in Oct 2012
8. Attended courses held by Scoliosis research society and IMAST at Istanbul,Turkey in Jun 2012
9. "Observer fellowship under Dr Lawrence Lenke and Dr Daniel Riew at Washigton University ,
10. St Louis, USA in Jun 2011"
11. Fellowship in Spinal Deformity Surgery under Prof Keith Luk at Queen Mary Hospital, Hongkong in Jan 2011
12. Minimally invasive spine surgery fellowship under Dr Prof Michael Mayer at Schon Klinick, Munich, Germany and Dr Prof Bernard Meyer at Klinicum Rechts Der Isar, Munich, Germany in Sep 2010
13. Spine surgery observership Under Dr Prof Juergen Harms and Dr Melcher at SRH Klinicum Karlsbad, Germany in Sep 2010
14. Trained in AXILIF by Dr Prof Dick Zeilstra at Zwolle, Netherlands in Sep 2010