About Dr. Anshuman Agarwal
Dr. Anshuman Agarwal is a Consultant Urologist & Andrologist and practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals in Sarita Vihar, South Delhi.
Dr. Anshuman Agarwal has Completed MBBS from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow in 1993, MS (Surgery) from King Georges Medical College, Lucknow in 1997, M.Ch (Urology) from JIPMER, Pondicherry in 2001 and has expertise in Holmium Laser Treatment, Cancer Surgery, Endourology, Robotic Surgery, Urology, Andrology, Male Infertility, Stone Diseases, Prostate Disease etc.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Anshuman Agarwal on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Member of Urological Society of India
2. Member of North zone Urological Society of India
3. Member of Delhi urology society
4. Member of American Urological Association
5. Member of Societe International Urologie
• WORK EXPERIENCE:
1. Working as a Senior consultant Urologist with Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi which is a state of the art urology facility, equipped with DA vinci Robotic systems, Holmium laser a variety of flexible and rigid endoscopes.
2. Worked as Senior Consultant Urologist at Fortis group of hospitals New Delhi, based at Vasant Kunj from March 2010 till feb 2012. He has worked with state of art equipment’s like DaVinci robot, holmium laser, Siemens lithotripsy, a variety of equipment for endourology including flexible ureterorenoscope and cystonephroscope. He was also actively involved in renal transplantation.
3. Worked as Senior Consultant Urologist at RG Stone Urology and laparoscopy Hospital, East of Kailash, New Delhi from june 2002 till feb 2010.
4. Well versed in performing all endourological procedures including upper tract percutaneous and lower tract surgeries. Have performed more than 2000 Holmium laser prostatectomies ( HOLEP) with gland size ranging from 40 to 300 grams. Using holmium laser for all its applications viz Endopyelotomy, Ureterotomy, Ureteroscopy, PCNL. Routinely doing laproscopic urological surgeries eg. pyeloplasty, donor nephrectomy, radical nephrectomy , ureteric reimplantation etc.
5. Performed more than 100 robotic surgeries for cancer prostate, Kidney and Bladder.
6. Observer Department of Urology ,Cleveland Clinic ,USA. Keenly observed advanced laparoscopic procedures in Urology and refined existing skills in lap urology
7. Worked at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, Delhi in the department of genitourinary oncology. Performed and assisted all major uro oncological surgeries viz radical prostatectomies ,radical cystectotomy with continent and non continent urinary diversions ,nephrectomies with removal of caval thrombus,penectomies ,ilioingunal lymph node dissections.
8. MCH (Urology) july 1999 till july 2001.obtained training in open and endourological procedures . Managed all urological emergencies. Participated in academic activities and training of junior residents and under graduates. Presented papers at national and regional conferences.
9. Senior Registrar in the department of surgery King Georges Medical College Lucknow, from December 1997 till dec 1998.Worked in the units of laparoscopy and urology.
10. MS (General Surgery) May 1994 till May 1997 from King Georges Medical College Lucknow.
1. Emphysematous Perinephric Abscess without Diabetes or Urinary Obstruction., S Pandey, S Kumar, LN Doriarajan, A Agarwal, S Elangovan Urol Int.2003 71 (3):322—4
2. Primary squamous carcinomatous ureteric stricture of a solitary kidney with spontaneous intraperitoneal urinary extravasation., S Pandey, S Kumar, LN Doriarajan, A Agarwal, S Krishnan, S Elangovan Urol Int.2003 70 (3):236-7
3. Concomitant percutaneous neprolithotomy and transperitoneal laparoscopic pyeloplasty for ureteropelvic junction obstruction complicated by stones., Anshuman Agarwal, Anil Varshney, BS Bansal. Journal of Endourology.200822(10): 2251-225
4. POINT-COUNTER-POINT: Against the motion: Lasers are superfluous for the surgical management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Anil Varshney, Anshuman Agarwal., Indian journal of Urology.Year 2009, Vol 25, Issue 3