About Dr. Akhil Mishra VSM
Dr. Akhil Mishra VSM is a Consultant Nephrologist and practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Sarita Vihar, South Delhi.
Dr. Akhil Mishra VSM has completed MBBS from Medical College, Jabalpur in 1965, MD (Medicine) from AFMC, Pune in 1973 & DM (Nephrology) from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 1983 and has expertise in Acute Renal Failure, Diabetes Renal Failure, Dialysis, Gestational Diabetes, Haemodialysis, Hematuria, Hypertensive Medication, Kidney Stones etc.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Akhil Mishra VSM on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
2. Life Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplant
3. Life Member of Peritoneal Society of India (P.D.S)
4. Life Member of Delhi Nephrology Society
5. Life Member of IMA, Noida
6. Life Member of Divine Life Society
7. Member of Indian Medical Association
8. Member of Advisory Committee, Asian Pacific Society of Nephrology
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Awarded Vishisht Seva Medal (VSM) by the President of India in 1980.
2. Blessed by His Holiness The Dalai Lama for good work in the field of Kidney transplantation. - Awarded Star Performer Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in January,2014.
3. Visited and performed parikrama of Kailash Mansarovar via Uttrakand in a 28 days trek, under Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi in 2011 at the age of 69 years.
Performed parikrama of the holy Narmada River in parts.
4. The subject of thesis for M.D. Medicine was ‘Critical Evalution of Peritoneal Dialysis’ which was adjudged the best thesis of November,1972 batch.
5. Research experience of 3 years in malaria – Worked on the guidance of W.H.O.
Organized Nephrology update, Command Hospital, Calcutta, 1984.
6. Elected Secretary Nephrology Society of India, Northern Chapter–1991-92.
Organized Nephrology update Delhi Chapter, 1992.