About Dr. Gaurav Sagar
Dr. Gaurav Sagar is a Consultant Nephrologist and practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Sarita Vihar & Sagar's Dental and Renal Care in Greater Kailash, South Delhi.
Dr. Gaurav Sagar has completed MBBS from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1995, MD (General Medicine) from Lady Hardinge Medical College, New Delhi in 2002 & DNB (Nephrology) from Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in 2008 and has expertise in Acute Renal Failure, Diabetes Renal Failure, Dialysis, Gestational Diabetes, Haemodialysis, Hematuria, Hypertensive Medication, Kidney Stones etc.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Gaurav Sagar on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
• AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. He was an amongst the first few nephrologists in India who has received a formal training to do tunneled dialysis catheter. In the last three years he has done more than 50 tunnelled dialysis catheters.
2. He was instrumental in organizing a workshop on vascular access, the first of its kind in India in corroboration with DNS in September 2010. The workshop had excellent attendance with accolades from all those who attended.
3. He was part of the team which carried out all combined liver-kidney transplant cases in last three years. His experience in liver transplant has helped him understand the complexities associated with this challenging field. He has been managing replacement therapies in these critical patients and am well versed with MARS as well as CRRT.
4. He had a poster presentation in the prestigious vascular access conference at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia titled “End of the road therapy: Vascular access in a difficult situation”.
5. He has come up with the concept of vascular access clinic which hopefully would soon be shaping up.
6. Under his expertise his team has been running a successful stand-alone dialysis unit in collaboration with CGHS at Sadiq Nagar CGHS dispensary. They are doing 500 dialysis in a month in three shifts daily.
7. He is also working on angioplasty and stenting of occluded AVF.
8. He is a part of the team which carried out the first successful ABO incompatible renal transplant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital.