About Dr. Subhash Chandra
Dr. Subhash Chandra is a Senior Consultant Cardiologist in Delhi, India. He is currently practicing at BLK Super Speciality Hospital in Pusa Road, Central Delhi.
Dr. Subhash Chandra has more than 28 years of experience. He is a qualified Cardiologist in BLK Hospital at Delhi. He specializes in Coronary Interventions, Structural Heart Diseases, Endovascular Interventions and Device Implantation.
He has a landmark achievement of over 20000 Interventional procedures to his credit. Dr. Subhash Chandra is adept at handling Endovascular procedures, Adult Congenital Device Closures, Life Saving Device and Pacemaker Implantations, besides Complex Coronary Interventions. His clinical expertise, dedication and patient centric approach have resulted in the growth of BLK Super Specialty Hospital.
His clinical experience includes that Dr. Subhash Chandra has performed over 25,000 complex angioplasties, rotablation. He has done treatments on Structural Heart Diseases like Mitral – Over 4000 including Emergency, pulmonary edema and pregnant patients, Pulmonary – over 200 congenital pulmonic stenosis opened with Polyethylene and INOUE balloon, Congenital and Rheumatic Young Aortic stenosis – Over 100 retrograde and antegrade technique using INOUE balloon. Adult Congenital Device Closure – 100 approx and over 3000 device implantations including ventricular, atrial, dual chamber pacemakers, AICD, Biventricular pacemaker (Heart failure pacing) and Combo (CRT-D) devices.
As a Cardiologist in Delhi, his area of expertise includes coronary angiography, heart catheterization to study congenital heart defects, aortography, peripheral and renal angiography, coronary angioplasty (PTCA) and stenting, valvuloplasty, closure of heart defectsrenal angioplasty, iliac, and femoral angioplasty, carotid and vertebral angioplasty, congenital narrowing, aneurysms, aortic dissection, Beating Heart Bypass Surgery (OPCAB), CABG in patients with low EF (<30%), CABG in the settings of Acute MI, CABG with valve repair/replacement (AVR, MVR), CABG with Carotid Endarterectomy, Mitral Valve Repair/ Replacement, Aortic Valve Surgeries, Minimally Invasive Valve Surgery, Ventricular Septal defects, Atrial Septal defects, Tetralogy of Fallots, AV Canal Defect, ALCAPA Repair, Axillo - femoral bypass, Femoro Popliteal Bypass, Aortic Aneurysms, Aortic Arch Replacement, Lung resection surgeries, Mediastinal tumors, Thoracic outlet syndrome, cervical rib, Chest wall tumors and chest wall reconstruction.
Dr. Subhash Chandra is a regular participant in various international forums of Interventional Cardiology, including TCT (USA), Euro PCR (Europe) and Japan. He was also a Visiting fellow at interventional cardiology in Rouen, France, did Fellow CRT course from Crossings Brussels, Belgium and Fellow Carotid Interventions: Crossings, Brussels, Belgium.
Patients from entire Delhi, India and across the globe come to Dr. Subhash Chandra with lots of hopes and the doctor ensures that the patients are satisfied with the treatments, with his experience and techniques he uses with his expertise in Cardiology.
Dr. Subhash Chandra has completed his education mainly from Aligarh. He did his MBBS from J N Medical College in Aligarh, MD (Internal Medicine) from J N Medical College, Aligarh in 1987, DNB (Cardiology) from AIIMS in 1991 and DM (Cardiology) from AIIMS. Dr. Subhash Chandra is currently practicing as a Cardiologist in BLK Hospital at Delhi.
He has also been the member of some prestigious organizations like National Academy of Medical Sciences and Cardiology Society of India. Dr. Subhash Chandra is a well known Cardiologist in Delhi.
Before practicing as a Cardiologist in BLK Hospital at Delhi, Dr. Subhash Chandra was formerly the Director & Senior Consultant at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in New Delhi, Director at Narinder Mohan Heart Centre, Senior Consultant at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi, Assistant Professor of Cardiology at AIIMS in New Delhi and Clinical Registrar at JN Medical College in Aligarh.
To add to his achievements, Dr. Subhash Chandra has also won Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award at 5th Annual Conference 1989, Col. K.L. Chopra Research Award at 9th Annual Conference in 1993 and Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award at 13th Annual Conference in 1997.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Subhash Chandra on www.Lazoi.com
1. Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences
2. Member of Cardiology Society of India
1. Fellowship in CRT course at Crossings Brussels, Belgium
2. Fellowship in Carotid Interventions at Crossings, Brussels, Belgium
3. Visiting fellowship in interventional cardiology at Rouen, France
1. Presently working as a Chairman & HOD in Cardiology Department at BLK Super Speciality Hospital, New Delhi
2. Formerly, Director & Senior Consultant, Fortis Escorts Heart Institute,New Delhi
3. Formerly, Director - Narinder Mohan Heart Centre
4. Formerly, Senior Consultant - Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
5. Formerly, Assistant Professor of Cardiology - AIIMS, New Delhi
6. Formerly, Clinical Registrar- JN Medical College, Aligarh
• CLINICAL EXPERIENCE:
1. Coronary Interventions - Over 25, 000 Complex angioplasties, Rotablation
2. Structural Heart Diseases - Mitral - Over 4000 including Emergency, pulmonary edema and pregnant patients. Pulmonary - over 200 congenital pulmonic stenosis opened with Polyethylene and INOUE balloon. Congenital and Rheumatic Young Aortic stenosis - Over 100 retrograde and antegrade technique using INOUE balloon. Adult Congenital Device Closure- 100 aprx.
3. Endovascular Interventions - Renal, Carotid, Coarctations, Aortic and subclavian, Iliofemoral, popliteal angioplasties. IVC Filter placement, EVAR, TEVAR.
4. Device Implantation - Permanent pacemaker Implantation - over 3000 including ventricular, atrial, dual chamber pacemakers, AICD, Biventricular pacemaker (Heart failure pacing) and Combo (CRT-D) devices.
• AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
1. Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award. Cardiological Society of India, 5th Annual Conference - 1989
2. Col. K.L. Chopra Research Award, Cardiological Society of India, 9th Annual Conference - 1993
3. Sujoy B. Roy Young Investigator Award, Cardiological Society of India, 13th Annual Conference - 1997
Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Manchanda Sc. Crosswire for recanalization of total occlusive coronary arteries. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Nov 45(3):323-7 discussion 328.
Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC, Manchanda Sc. Balloon aortic valvuloplasty in young adults by antegrade, transseptal approach using Inoue balloon. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Jul 44(3):297-301.
Bahl VK, Chandra S. Inoue balloon for dilatation of aortic stenosis. Cathet Cardiovasc Diagn. 1998 Jun 44(2):248.
Wali JP, Biswas A, Chandra S, Malhotra A, Aggarwal P, Handa R. Wig N. Bahl VK. Cardiac involvement in Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever. Int J Cardiol. 1998 Mar 1364(1):31-6.
Bahl VK, Chandra S, Goswami KC. Combined mitral and aortic valvuloplasty by antegrade transseptal approach using Inoue balloon catheter. Inj J Cardiol. 1998 Feb 2863(3): 313-5.
Bahl VK, Boro AK, Chandra S, Aggarwal R, Basumatary A, Goswami KC, Wasir HS. Pulse Doppler echocardiography for estimation of left ventricular diastolic function in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. J Assoc Physicians India. 1998 Mar 46(3):257-60.
Bahl VK, Chandra S, Yadav RD. Percutaneous transvenous balloon aortic valvuloplasty by antegrade transseptal approach using Inoue catheter. Ind Heart J 1997 Sep-Oct 49(5)534-6.
Chandra S, Bahl VK, Reddy SCB, Bhargava B, Malhotra A, Wasir HS. Comparison of echocardiographic acoustic quantification system and radionuclide ventriculography for estimating left ventricular "ejection fraction: Validation in patients without regional wall motion abnormalities. Am Heart J 1997 133: 359-363.
Bahl VK, Chandra S, Jhamb DK, Goswami KC, Juneja R, Thattai D, Talwar KK, Wasir HS. Balloon mitral valvotomy: comparison between antegrade Inoue and retrograde non-transseptal techniques. Eur Heart J 1997 Nov-18(11)1765-70
Chandra S, Bahl VK, Yadav R. Balloon mitral valvuloplasty-expanding indications. The Cardiothoracic J 19962(8):33-40.