About Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna
Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna is a Senior Consultant in Cardiology & Coordinator of Vascular Services at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi. He is also the Honorary Professor of Cardiology at LPS Institute of Cardiology, GSVM Medical College, Kanpur. Before joining Apollo Group of Hospitals, he worked as Sr. Consultant in Cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre and as Director of Escorts Heart Centre, Kanpur.
Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna is a Graduate of King George’s Medical College, Lucknow. After completing his MD (Medicine) and DM (Cardiology), he went abroad for advanced Fellowship Training in Cardiology, Coronary & Vascular Interventions at Ochsner Medi-cal Foundation, New Orleans, USA and at Polyclinique-des-Essey, France under eminent Cardiologists - Dr. Christopher J White, Dr. Steve Ramee and Dr. Michel Henry. He underwent advanced training on Percutaneous Aortic Valve Implantations, Heart Failure Devices and Radiofrequency Ablation for sympathetic denervation of renal arteries.
Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna is an examiner for MD (Medicine), Superspeciality Doctorate Courses (DNB) in Cardiology and Fellowship of Diplomate National Board of Examination (Interventional Cardiology). He is on the Editorial Board of Indian Heart Journal and Deputy Editor and Chief of Quarterly Journal of Angiology.
Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna has authored 26 book chapters and has about 120 publications in various national and international journals to his credit. He has been invited as a faculty and has given more than 400 guest lectures in international and national scientific meetings.
Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna has performed more than 10,000 invasive and interventional procedures and has established interventional cardiology services in many cities of India. He has special interest in endovascular and peripheral vascular interventions and has pioneered newer techniques for percutaneous mechanical pulmonary thrombectomy and techniques for Endovascular Treatment of Aortic Aneurysms, ischemia & gangrene of the limbs, Endovenous Laser Therapy and Below Knee Interventions.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Narendra Nath Khanna on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (London, Glasgow, and Edinburgh)
2. Member of American College of Cardiology
3. Member of Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
4. Member of European Society of Cardiology
5. Member of American College of Chest Physicians
6. Member of Asia Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
7. Member of International Medical Sciences Academy
8. Member of Indian College of Cardiology
9. Chairman of Asia Pacific Vascular Society,
10. Organizing Secretary and Course Chairman of Asia Pacific Vascular Intervention Course (APVIC I –VII)
11. Founding Member and Treasurer of Endovascular Interventional Society of India and Ex-Convenor for Peripheral Interventions of National 12. Interventional Council of Cardiological Society of India and also Organizing Secretary of 19th Indian College of Cardiology
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
For his contributions, he has been conferred many awards like Glory of India Award, Rajiv Gandhi Award.
International Gold Star Award.
Distinguished Services Award by World Congress on Clinical & Preventive Cardiology.
Crest by the Mayor of Dhaka & the Police Chief of Dhaka, Santhok Singh Memorial Award (By association of Surgeons of India).
PurushottamLal Award (by Indian Medical Association) and ‘The Best Citizens of India Award’.
He was also judged as “Best and the Most Popular Doctor”by a survey done by Dainik Jagran.
His scientific papers and cases have bagged the Best Challenging Case Awards in the entire world by Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutic and Cardiovascular Research Foundation (USA) in 2004, 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012.