About Dr. Sanjeev Gulati
Dr. Sanjeev Gulati is currently working as Director, Nephrology at Fortis Hospitals, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi. He is the Vice President of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation and Member , Governing Body of Indian Society of Nephrology. He was previously working as Additional Professor in Nephrology at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, He has also worked as Associate Professor in Nephrology at McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada. He has been DNB examinre in DNB and DM Nephrology. He has post MD experience of 25 years . He has dual qualifications in adult and pediatric nephrology. He has acquired special expertise in managing children with renal diseases and has experience at leading hospitals in UK, Australia and Canada. He played a pivotal role in the Dialysis and Transplant programme at SGPGI, Lucknow which is amongst the largest programmes in the country. He was awarded JM Patel Oration by Indian Society of Organ Transplantation for his contribution towards advancement of Kidney Transplantation in India.
He has presented papers at several international and national conferences and published more than 130 scientific papers in indexed journals including NEJM, Kidney International and American Journal of Kidney Diseases. He has also authored 13 chapters in textbooks (including the prestigious Oxford Textbook of Nephrology and Comprehensive Pediatric Nephrology) besides numerous guest lectures. He has received several awards for my original contributions to the field of kidney diseases. His work has received recognition from the Indian Council of Medical Research, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Indian Society of Nephrology, the Australian College of Pediatrics, Royal college of Pediatrics and Child Health UK Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada and the Japanese Society of Nephrology.
He is a reviewer for several prestigious journals like Pediatrics, American Journal of Kidney Diseases, Pediatric Nephrology and Indian Pediatrics and have had other editorial responsibilities also. He has also written several articles in newspapers and magazines for creating public awareness about kidney related issues.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Sanjeev Gulati on www.Lazoi.com.
Life Member of Indian Academy of Pediatrics
Life Member of Indian Pediatric Nephrology Forum
Life Member of Indian Society of Nephrology
Life Member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
Member of International Society of Nephrology
Member of International Paediatric Nephrology Association
Member of American Society of Paediatric Nephrology
Member of Canadian Society of Nephrology
Member of European Dialysis and Transplant Association
• HONOURS AND AWARDS:
1. Healthcare Personality of the year (Neprhrology) Worlwide Achievers Awards 2014.
2. JM Patel Oration 2013 at The Annual Conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation, Bhubneshwar, 2013.
3. Best Abstract award, Asian Pacific Congress of Nephrology, Kuala Lampur, 2008
4. Khullar oration and Gold medal, Indian Society of Nephrology, 2007
5. Best Oral paper award in Clinical Nephrology – 38th National Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology, 2007
6. Listed in Marquis Asia’s Who’s Who 2006.
7. Best Oral paper award in Clinical Nephrology – 37th National Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology, 2006
8. Apollo Award of Merit 2005 by Apollo Medical Foundation.
9. Young Investigator Award, Japan Kidney Week, 2005.
10. Fellow Indian Society of Nephrology, 2005.
11. ISN –NKF scholarship, Satellite meeting of the World Congress of nephrology, Singapore, 2005.
12. Best Poster award in Clinical Nephrology – 33rd National Conference of the Indian Society of Nephrology, 2002.
13. Dr HB Dingley memorial award for Pediatrics by the Indian Council of Medical Research, 2002
14. Chaired a session at the Japanese Society of Dialysis Therapy,2002
15. Janssen Cilag award for the Best published paper in Nephrology by the Indian Society of Nephrology, 2001
16. Rekha Memorial Tanker Young Investigator award for the Best Research work in Nephrology, 2001, Nephrology by the Indian Society of Nephrology.
17. International Society of Peritoneal Dialysis Fellowship , 2000
18. Listed in Marquis World’s Who’s Who 2000,2001,2002, 2003, 2004, 2005.
19. Fellow Indian Academy of Pediatrics (FIAP), 2001
20. University of Toronto Fellowship in Paediatric Nephrology, 1999
21. Dr. ST. Achar Gold Medal for Best paper in Paediatrics. Indian Academy of Paediatrics, 1999.
22. Certificate of Appreciation at the Annual Conference of Japanese Society of Dialysis Therapy , Sapporo, Japan,1997.
23. Heinz Fellowship 1997, Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health, London.
24. Dr B.S. Bansal Gold Medal for Research in Nephrology,1997 - Indian Society of Nephrology.
25. Australian College of Pediatrics Fellowship (Pediatric Nephrology), 1996.
26. International Nestle Nutrition Scholarship, 1996.
27. International Cultural Diploma of Honor 1994 by the American Biographical Institute Inc.
28. Dr. V. Balagopal Raju Endowment Award for Research, 30th National conference of the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, 1993.
29. First Prize at the Poster Session of INSAL, 31st Annual ISG Conf. Jaipur 1990.
30. Silver Medal (First order) for performance in M.D. examinations 1989.
31. IInd Prize in Obstetrics and Gynaecology on the basis of overall performance in final professional and all notified examinations 1984.
32. Merit scholarships for period July 1980 to December 1981 and October, 1983 to December 1984 by Maulana Azad Medical College for excellence in academics.