About Dr. Arvind Kumar
Dr. Arvind Kumar is a Consultant Thoracic Surgeon and practices at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in Rajender Nagar, Central Delhi.
Dr. Arvind Kumar has completed MBBS from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1981, MS (General Surgery) from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi in 1984, MNAMS from National Board of Examinations, New Delhi in 1990, FUICC from International Union Against Cancer, Geneva in 1997, FACS from American College of Surgeons, Chicago in 2000, FICS from International College of Surgeons, USA in 200 & FIAGES from Indian Association of Gastro-Intestinal Endo-Surgeons in 2011 and has expertise in General Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Lung Cancer, Thymoma, Esophageal Cancer, Trachea Tumour, Cardiac Transplantation, Ross Procedure etc.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Arvind Kumar on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Member of American College of Surgeons
2. Member of Association of Surgeons of India
3. Member of Association of UICC fellows (Geneva)
3. Member of Clinical Robotic Surgery Association
4. Member of Delhi State Chapter, Association of Surgeons of India
5. Member of Indian Association of Gastro-Intestinal Endo-Surgeons
6. Member of Indian Association of Surgical Gastro-enterology
7. Member of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
8. Member of Indian Society of Oncology
9. Member of International College of Surgeons
• AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
1. Awarded the most prestigious “Dr. B.C. Roy Award” by the Government of India in the category “Eminent Medical Person of the year 2014.
2. Awarded the WHO Fellowship and underwent training in Management of Chest Trauma at Liverpool Hospital, Sydney (Australia).
3. Awarded “Raj Nanda Fellowship” by the Raj Nanda Pulmonary Disease Research Trust in association with the British Thoracic Society for training in Thoracoscopic Surgery in UK for 6 months period.
4. Awarded the coveted WHO Fellowship under-which he got trained in Advanced Tracheo-Bronchial Surgeryunder Dr. Joel Cooper and Dr. Patterson at Thoracic Service, Barnes Hospital, University of St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri (USA), & Dr. Ralph J Lewis at Thoracic Service, St. Peter’s Hospital, New Jersey (USA).
5. Awarded the prestigious ICRETT (Cancer) Fellowship by International Union against Cancer (UICC- Geneva) and got trained in Minimal Access and Advanced Chest Surgical Proceduresunder Prof. Robert J. Ginsberg, Chief of Thoracic Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York, USA.
6. Awarded “Khandelwal junior Oncology award for Scientific Excellence” for the paper entitled “Esophageal Carcinoma – How much to resect _ Is it a Non Issue” at the Fifth biennial conference of the Indian Society of Oncology at Chennai, India. (1992).
7. Nominated for “Sir Hiralal Gold medal” for being the “Best Postgraduate of the Year” in the Deptt, of Surgery at AIIMS, New Delhi. (1984).
8. Awarded “Dr. V. Ramalingaswamy prize” for being the “Best undergraduate of the year” in the Department of Community Medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi (1980).