About Dr. Virender Kaur Sekhon
Dr. Virender Kaur Sekhon is a consultant pediatric urologist and practices at Medanta in Gurgaon (Gurugram) and Mediclinic in Defence Colony. She provides OPD at Medanta in Gurgaon (Gurugram) and Mediclinic in Defence Colony.
Dr. Virender Kaur Sekhon has a vast experience in dealing Pediatric minimally invasive surgery (MIS) etc. at Medanta in Gurgaon and Mediclinic in Defence Colony.
Dr. Virender Kaur Sekhon is an expert in managing patients of congenital polycystic kidney disease, congenital abnormalities of the kidney (horse-shoe shaped kidney, pancake-shaped kidney, duplication of the kidney on one side), kidney and ureter stones, urinary bladder stones, urinary tract infections, Wilm's tumor/ nephroblastoma (childhood malignant tumor of the kidney), retrocaval ureter, duplication of the ureter on the same side, crypotorchidism (undescended testis), epispadias (urethral opening on the upper surface of the penis), hypospadias (urethral opening on the lower surface of the penis), congenital hydrocoele, inguino-scrotal hernia, acute retention of urine etc. at Medanta in Gurgaon and Mediclinic in Defence Colony.
Dr. Virender Kaur Sekhon has completed her MBBS from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College Hospital, Jabalpur, MP, in 2005, MS (General Surgery) from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Medical College Hospital, Jabalpur, in 2009, MCh (Pediatric Surgery) from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, in 2012, Senior Fellow (Pediatric Urology) from Medanta Kidney and Urology Institute, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon in 2015, Post Doctoral Fellow (Pediatric Urology) from Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS) in 2016 and UMN-SIU Leo Fung Memorial International Pediatric Fellowship from University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA in 2016 to be pediatric urologist.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Virender Kaur Sekhon on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Member of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons (IAPS)
2. Member of Pediatric Endoscopic Surgeons of India (PESI)
3. Member of Urology Society of India, Life Member (Associate)
4. Member of North Zone of Urology Society of India
5. Member of European Society of Pediatric Urology
1. Fellowship of Paediatric Surgery at Kalawati Saran Children’s Hospital, LHMC, New Delhi, 2009
2. Fellowship of Paediatric Urology at Medanta Kidney and Urology Institute, Medanta- The Medicity, Gurgaon, 2015
3. Fellowship of Paediatric Urology at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), 2016
4. Fellowship of UMN-SIU Leo Fung Memorial International Pediatric at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, USA, 2016
• AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
1. Awarded best paper titled “Trans-cutaneous posterior tibial nerve stimulation in pediatric overactive bladder: A prospective evaluation” at the 3rd Annual conference of Urology Association of Uttar Pradesh, UAUCON, Kanpur, 2016
2. Awarded best video titled “Posterior urethral lengthening, detrusor double breast wrap around and cross tensor fascia lata sling : A novel method for bladder neck reconstruction” at the 3rd Annual conference of Urology Association of Uttar Pradesh, UAUCON, Kanpur, 2016
3. Awarded International Young Surgeon Travel Grantfor the paper titled “Screening of distal renal tubular acidosis and growth retardation in posterior urethral valve: Is there a role for bicarbonate therapy in improving growth A prospective randomized study ” at the 24th Congress of the Asian Association of Pediatric Surgeons and the 53rd Annual Congress of the Japanese Society of Pediatric Surgeons, Fukuoka, Japan, 2016
4. Best poster titled “Trans-umbilical open pyeloplasty for paediatric giant hydronephrosis” at the 2ndInternational Workshop-cum-Symposium on Paediatric Urology, New Delhi, 2013
5. Best paper titled “Laparoscopic Management of Urolithiasis in children” at the 8th Annual conference of Pediatric Endoscopic Surgeons of India (PESI), Chandigarh, 2013
6.Best e-poster award titled “Correlation of symptomatology duration with success of enema reduction in intussusception ” at the 37th Annual conference of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, Chennai, 2011
7. Gold medal for best post-graduate student, Jabalpur, 2009
8. Awarded Dr Saroj Upadhyay Gold Medal for best paper titled “Computed tomography staging of empyema in children” at 4th Annual conference of Madhya Pradesh chapter of Indian Association of Paediatric Surgeons, 2008