About Dr. Arun Prasad
Dr. Arun Prasad is a Consultant General & Laparoscopic Surgeon and practices at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Sarita Vihar, South Delhi.
Dr. Arun Prasad has completed MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune in 1983, MS (General Surgery) from Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi in 1988, FRCS from Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow in 1990 & FRCS from Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh in 1990 and has expertise in Thoracoscopy, Robotic Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Minimally Access Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery etc.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. Arun Prasad on www.Lazoi.com.
1. Member of Indian Medical Association
2. Member of Association of Surgeons of India
3. Member of Delhi Medical Council
4. Vice President Member of Obesity Surgery Society of India
5. Vice President Member of Indian Association of Gastroendoscopic Surgeons
6. Member of Indian Association of Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons
7. Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
8. Member of Asia Pacific Hernia Society
1. Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School & associated teaching hospitals, London, UK.
2. Maulana Azad Medical College and associated teaching hospitals, New Delhi, India
• ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE:
1. Training surgeons and starting Laparoscopic Surgery unit at Lincoln Hospital, UK
2. Tutor for Minimal Access Surgery in the Basic Surgical Skills course for FRCS held by The Royal College of Surgeons and Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, UK.
3. Examiner for MRCS for The Royal College of Surgeons, UK
4. Teacher & Faculty for DNB ( Diplomat National Board ), post graduate training in Surgery approved by Government of India.
5. Executive Council Member of IAGES & Teacher in Laparoscopic Surgery at – Ethicon Training Centre, Mumbai and New Delhi
6. Invited Faculty member for Advanced Laparoscopic Training & Examination at AMASI, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
7. Faculty member and part of organising team for Advanced Laparoscopic Training, Live workshop & Examination – FIAGES of Indian Association of Gastro Endoscopic Surgeons.
8. Invited Surgeon & Faculty member to do Laparoscopic Surgery for Hernia at Leelawati Hospital & Jaslok Hospital, Mumbai, Jaipur and Jammu.
9. Invited Surgeon & Faculty member for Thoracoscopy at King George Medical College, Lucknow
10. Invited Faculty member and moderator during Bariatric Surgery Workshops at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
11. Executive Council Member of OSSI affiliated to International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity (IFSO) & Faculty at National Bariatric Surgery Conferences.
12. Trained surgeons from Jammu & Kashmir, Bihar, Jharkhand, Mumbai, Delhi, Pakistan, & Iraq in Minimal Access Surgery to set up Surgical Centres.
13. Invited guest speaker at Medical Tourism Asia Conference, Singapore, 2007
14. Invited guest speaker on Problems of Medical Tourism, at Europe Health Congress, Munich, Germany, 2008
15. Invited guest speaker on Setting up Bariatric Surgery, Dubai 2008 & 2009, Kuala Lampur 2010.
16. Joint Commission International (JCI) - Hospital Executive Briefings with new, expanded formats at Lisbon, Portugal, 2007
17. Faculty and part of organizing committee of ASICON 2010, New Delhi