About Dr. Shashank Akerkar
Dr. S M Akerkar is a Consultant Rheumatologist and practices at Mumbai Arthritis Clinic in Bhandup West, Godrej Memorial Hospital in Vikhroli & Bethany Hospital in Thane West, Thane, Mumbai.
Dr. S M Akerkar has completed MBBS from Grant Medical College, JJ group of Hospitals Mumbai in 2000, MD (General Medicine) from Seth GS Medical College and King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai in 2004, FACR from American College of Rheumatology in 2014 & Fellowship in Rheumatology from American College of Rheumatology in 2014 and has expertise in Joint Pain Treatment, General Test, Psoriatic Arthritis, Arthritis Management, Scleroderma Treatment, Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatment, Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment etc.
You can book an online appointment with Dr. S M Akerkar on www.Lazoi.com
1. Member of Indian Rheumatology Association
2. Member of American College of Rheumatology
1. Formerly, Lecturer (Medicine & Rheumatology) at Seth GS Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai (2004 - 2005)
• AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS:
1. Young Scientist Award, Indian Rheumatology Association Conference, 2004
2. Young Clinician award, 1st Asian American International Medical Conference, 2003
3. Late Shree Amrut Mody Unichem, BJD India Research Fellowship Award, 2003
4. Late Shree Amrut Mody Unichem, BJD India Research Fellowship Award, 2005